The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

Getting abit worried now. Did anyone else notice a decrease in their performance prior to the UKCAT. Mine is four days away and i have taken a test a day over the last few days- each with a drop from the last

Medify 1 - 695 (average)
Medify 2 - 655
Medify 3 - 650
Kaplan 1 - 593.3

If anoyone else suffered a slump like this please let me know and if you have any tips to counterract
Anyone done Kaplan 6?????
Best advice for revising and tips for the exam?
Many thanks
Original post by Pra99
Anyone done Kaplan 6?????

Yes, but I've already replied to you. Why are you so desperate to know/
Original post by Pra99
have you done kaplan 6

Yeah I got 690. My QR was really low because I didn't finish it on time :frown:
Original post by studentsixth
Yeah I got 690. My QR was really low because I didn't finish it on time :frown:

What did you get in AR and VR
Reply 2906
Does anyone else find AR really difficult in the 1000qs book ???
Original post by MoshBosh
Your score is above average, and with such strong GCSE grades, I can't really think of anywhere you couldn't apply.

I see your AR score is fairly low, were the patterns really difficult or did you just run out of time?

Yeah it was quite frustrating because AR was always my best section but the patterns were pretty hard in the real exam, and there were quite a few which I just couldn't get. sucks really but what can you do :/
Original post by Natalierm2707
Newcastle, southampton, Glasgow, exeter, manchester, edinburgh.

Your grades are amazing i would say you have a good shot at Cardiff, Birmingham, QUB, Leicester, Nottingham, Liverpool, UEA, SGUL, Aberdeen, Dundee.

For cardiff you would get a full academic score and would be highly likely to get an interview.
For birmingham you would score very highly for combined GCSE and UKCAT score which is likely to get an interview.
For QUB same reason as bham.
Leicester you would score very high on GCSE and decent on UKCAT. Same with nottingham although this is a bit riskier as they include PS in their score.
Liverpool are PS heavy but you should have no trouble getting to the stage where the PS is marked, this may be more risky as an option as they place less emphasis on GCSEs which is 100% your strong point.
If you really want to take a risk try kings or a bmat uni.

Hope this helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much for your help, I appreciate it! I was just a bit stressed because all my friends seemed to be scoring above 700 in their Ukcat's so mine seemed a bit low in comparison (also everyone on here seems to be doing pretty well too). I was going to apply to Cardiff and I'm thinking Birmingham too, I initially thought about Kings but I don't want to risk it tbh with my ukcat...
Hi,

Got UKCAT test tomorrow.
Quick question. Do we have to take a printout of the confirmation email along with ID proof or can we just show the email confirmation on the phone at the centre?
Thanks
Original post by The_Dragon_
Getting abit worried now. Did anyone else notice a decrease in their performance prior to the UKCAT. Mine is four days away and i have taken a test a day over the last few days- each with a drop from the last

Medify 1 - 695 (average)
Medify 2 - 655
Medify 3 - 650
Kaplan 1 - 593.3

If anoyone else suffered a slump like this please let me know and if you have any tips to counterract

My medify scores were pretty rubbish and I did panic a bit. Did more practice on the weaker areas and ended up with 730 in the real thing. Last time I did UKCAT, my scores in practice were good but my real score was awful. It could just be your nerves that are affecting your scores.
Reply 2911
Original post by First choice
Hi,

Got UKCAT test tomorrow.
Quick question. Do we have to take a printout of the confirmation email along with ID proof or can we just show the email confirmation on the phone at the centre?
Thanks

I took a printout
Any last words of advice before my test tomorrow?
Original post by Oak16
I took a printout

Thanks.
My printer is broken .
Need to rush to Staples to get printout!
:frown:
Reply 2914
Original post by First choice
Thanks.
My printer is broken .
Need to rush to Staples to get printout!
:frown:

Printers are never reliable :/ Best of luck for your test :smile:
Hi guys! I've got the UKCAT tomorrow
Just wanted to ask to those of you that have already done it, how similar is it to the practice tests on the website?
I've heard a lot of people say the QR is easier, is that true?
Thanks! :smile:
Can I prepare for the UKCAT in 2 weeks ?
I'm hearing all these speculations that in order to succeed I should have started my revising back in June. However coming from an under privileged school (that decided not to tell me anything about the UKCAT`s existence ), I'm starting quite the fair bit late .
My UKCAT is tomorrow as well fml
I do well on the AR on medify but when it comes to the official mocks, I screw it up so much i'm kinda worried...
QR I'm relying on the fact that it'll be a lot easier because it's actually my worst section atm
VR I'm okay at but knowing the passages are gonna be so long is probably gonna also **** me over.

Basically, someone save me xD
Me too I've have mines tomorrow but I'm really scared because in my mocks I've been fluctuating between 500- 640
I can never finish the QR on time I really struggle with it
VR is ok

Posted from TSR Mobile
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I do... got my ukcat tomorrow. Probably going to fail...

Quick Reply