The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

UEA Accommodation Info

Scroll to see replies

Just a heads up to everyone that if you're worried about the email going to junk, you can also log in at www.room.uea.ac.uk where your room offer will be available for you to view once it is sent out.

If you don't have your room offer yet, don't worry, they will be sending them out over the next few days!

You might also want to keep an eye on the Accom twitter @UEA_Accom where they tweet updates about room offers going out :smile:
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by mobbsy91
It's really not far! Perhaps 500m, if that! Probably a 5 min walk if you're not really really slow!

Oh, I see. I'm more worried about its distance to the psychology building actually. Looking at the campus map, it looks really far away. I can't imagine having to walk that far everyday. xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by knifeprincess
Oh, I see. I'm more worried about its distance to the psychology building actually. Looking at the campus map, it looks really far away. I can't imagine having to walk that far everyday. xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh from the psychology building it's probably a km. not bad for exercise tho...
Oh from the psychology building it's probably a km. not bad for exercise tho...

Will begging the accommodation office help? This wasn't even my first choice. D: Was hoping to live at constable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Will begging the accommodation office help? This wasn't even my first choice. D: Was hoping to live at constable.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I doubt it haha. If you really don't like it once you've been there, sometimes there's the opportunity to do a room swap, as some do drop out etc...
I doubt it haha. If you really don't like it once you've been there, sometimes there's the opportunity to do a room swap, as some do drop out etc...

Fingers crossed that happens (not that dropping out is a good thing ha).

On another note, UEA hasn't really posted new pictures of barton & hickling house. Do the buildings look nice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fingers crossed that happens (not that dropping out is a good thing ha).

On another note, UEA hasn't really posted new pictures of barton & hickling house. Do the buildings look nice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think they've got some pics of twitter somewhere, but as it's very very new, and so from what I've seen it's looking pretty nice! I wish it was opened last year, as it'd definitely have been my first choice!!!
I think they've got some pics of twitter somewhere, but as it's very very new, and so from what I've seen it's looking pretty nice! I wish it was opened last year, as it'd definitely have been my first choice!!!

So far they've only got pictures of the floor plans so not *actual* pictures haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So far they've only got pictures of the floor plans so not *actual* pictures haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The @UEA_Accom twitter account have a few pics if you look on there!
The @UEA_Accom twitter account have a few pics if you look on there!

I see, thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just moved out of Norfolk Terrace if anyone needs any information!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by George9711
I have a question if that's alright; I was assigned to Norfolk terrace in the ziggs at Block F Flat 1. Can you tell me where that is in terms of where it is in the building i.e ground floor or first floor etc. Also if by any chance you know anything else about that specific flat or block that would be superrr :smile:

Anyone else in that flat? or close by?

Sorry for the late response. Block F is furthest from the beginning of the walkway so it's right next to the sainsbury centre. Flat 1 is the second from the top. I was in block a so didn't venture down to F very often but ziggs are the best so you'll have a great time

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, was wondering if anyone could help,

I applied for my accommodation as soon as I received the email, however, my application did not go through and now I am on the wait list 😭

I would be so so heartbroken if I didn't get any UEA accommodation, I would literally take anything

Does anyone know what my chances are of getting a place in halls//do you have any experience with this situation ?
Original post by Holly46d
Hey guys, was wondering if anyone could help,

I applied for my accommodation as soon as I received the email, however, my application did not go through and now I am on the wait list 😭

I would be so so heartbroken if I didn't get any UEA accommodation, I would literally take anything

Does anyone know what my chances are of getting a place in halls//do you have any experience with this situation ?

I'm in a similar situation right now!

Only submitted it yesterday after thinking that I had done long ago, called them today and was told that I had little chance of getting in. Pretty worried.

Looks like Im going to have to go through the housing process but Im not sure how that all goes at all

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's because the carpets are being put down as we speak :tongue: As soon as we can get in there to take photographs you'll see them, but I'm very envious of you if you're staying there! Everything is going to be all shiny and new :smile:
Hey guys, I was offered an ensuite room in Paston house, but the rent is a few hundred over my maintenance loan, and I'm worried that it'll be too expensive, should I take it or look for cheaper accommodation? Anyone any advice?
Oh my gosh, someone made a cancellation on a room in Constable terrace and they've decided to allocate me there. Some lucky bloke will now get my room in Hickling house haha. I'm pretty satisfied as the two bedroom unit was my first choice. :-D I couldn't afford the room in Hickling even if I wanted to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
For those who have guaranteed accommodation, but haven't yet had an offer, please be aware that the Accommodation Office are still sending offers out currently - keep an eye on their Twitter @UEA_Accom for updates direct from them!
Hi there does anyone know where I should be able to find my room location, so like the number and floor im in, I've been through my induction but i didnt see it as i was going though?
Original post by Momenteiman
Hi there does anyone know where I should be able to find my room location, so like the number and floor im in, I've been through my induction but i didnt see it as i was going though?

It should be on the email that the accommodation office sent you. :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending