The Student Room Group

I'm guessing I didn't get in, huh?

I've heard that people who go through clearing are often given clearing places straight away in the first phone call. I just phoned up and they said they were going to refer my details to a tutor and they'd get back to me.

Is this normal or what?

Either way, they only asked for my A-Levels, DDE, and my English and Maths GCSEs, B and C. They didn't want to hear about my other GCSEs which I did better in, and thus, when they refer what I said to the tutor I suspect I'll merely be getting an email saying I've failed to get a place.
Original post by similarBlank
I've heard that people who go through clearing are often given clearing places straight away in the first phone call. I just phoned up and they said they were going to refer my details to a tutor and they'd get back to me.

Is this normal or what?

Either way, they only asked for my A-Levels, DDE, and my English and Maths GCSEs, B and C. They didn't want to hear about my other GCSEs which I did better in, and thus, when they refer what I said to the tutor I suspect I'll merely be getting an email saying I've failed to get a place.

The only relevant GCSEs are the english and maths ones. They need to know that you're competant in doing basic maths and english because you will be using some of those elements during the uni course.

I spoke to a few unis in clearing and my details were never referred by another person to the tutor. I either straight away got in contact with a person handling the admissions or I was referred to them by another person so I could tell them my details over the phone.

It could be that the tutor was busy at the time you rang up or that they want to take the time to decide whether to accept you or not. They could've rejected you straight away over the phone, but they didn't.

You could ring up other unis and try and get offers. You know, keep your options open.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending