The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

Anybody else had problems creating their student ID?

I know Portsmouth sent the email to register with them, which I did, then I also saw we had to create our ID's online :s-smilie:

This is just where my problems started. I took a picture, uploaded it and everything (checking that the image was within the 10MB limit- it was) however when I submitted it it told me the image is too big. So I tried it again, and again, and again.... No use.

I've emailed the team dealing with the admission and ID stuff, but as its Saturday they're not in

But really, what I was wondering, has anybody else had a similar problem?

I just kind of want to know that I'm not alone really :biggrin:
Reply 1
You seem to have gotten further than me. All I could see was 4 cards at the bottom of the screen, I never got to an option where I could upload a picture. :s-smilie: Whenever I clicked one of them, it just prompted me to login again. I think the website may be having issues at the moment. Still haven't managed to create an ID yet, I am going to leave it until Monday and try it again.

I will reply back if anything changes.
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Reply 2
I had the picture upload thing earlier so I thought I'd try again later, and now it's doing the 4-card login thing. I'm going to wait for a couple of days myself.
Yeah I have also tried to make my ID. I do actually manage to upload my photo but the page crashes when I go to edit it to crop it. :s-smilie:
so glad it's not just me. However small i make the image, it's either too big or crashes when I try to crop it. And the four card bit is so weird, it looks like the site hasn't been built yet? at least we have a little while before we need these cards...
I haven't tried to upload an image yet but how have people taken their photos?

With a white background?
Smiling?
Selfie?

Etc..
Original post by Scottadroid
I haven't tried to upload an image yet but how have people taken their photos?

With a white background?
Smiling?
Selfie?

Etc..

I'm technically using a selfie but one I've taken specifically for this - it's against a plain background, with a small smile purely because i have a resting ***** face (hence why I'm not using my passport photo). Hope that helps :smile:
Original post by franc.rogers
I'm technically using a selfie but one I've taken specifically for this - it's against a plain background, with a small smile purely because i have a resting ***** face (hence why I'm not using my passport photo). Hope that helps :smile:

Awesome, thanks very much :-)
Hi All, Christine from the Information Centre here, sorry you are having problems with the online registration form. For technical issues please contact our Service Desk for assistance. You can email them at [email protected] or call 02392 847777, It may just be that the site was inundated so please do try again. Best wishes
Original post by UoP InfoCentre
Hi All, Christine from the Information Centre here, sorry you are having problems with the online registration form. For technical issues please contact our Service Desk for assistance. You can email them at [email protected] or call 02392 847777, It may just be that the site was inundated so please do try again. Best wishes

sadly still not working for me. I'm either being told the image is too big or too small! I'll send Service Desk an email :smile:
sadly still not working for me. I'm either being told the image is too big or too small! I'll send Service Desk an email :smile:

UPDATE: got an email from the service desk. I think it's worked for me now, they suggested:
Click on browse or upload,
Click on Crop
Click on Modify crop
Click on Crop again
Click on Save
UPDATE: got an email from the service desk. I think it's worked for me now, they suggested:
Click on browse or upload,
Click on Crop
Click on Modify crop
Click on Crop again
Click on Save

Hi, what happened when you clicked save?

I've done it but its just put my picture into the box next to the "choose file" section. When I close the browser and open it again my picture is still there.

Does this mean its done?

Thanks
Original post by Scottadroid
Hi, what happened when you clicked save?

I've done it but its just put my picture into the box next to the "choose file" section. When I close the browser and open it again my picture is still there.

Does this mean its done?

Thanks

yeah, that means it's done :smile:
yeah, that means it's done :smile:

Awesome, thanks again :smile:
Hi

I manage the University Cards at Portsmouth so I thought I should reply. We did have problems with the server a few days ago but we think we have resolved this now.

Please accept my apologies, we welcome the feedback about uploading images and will try and improve this process to make it a bit more intuitive. It's a brand new system this year so please bare with us.

Please contact the ServiceDesk if you have any further problems please PM me.

Thanks and enjoy your time at Portsmouth

Stuart Graves
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Zonetripper
Hi

I manage the University Cards at Portsmouth so I thought I should reply. We did have problems with the server a few days ago but we think we have resolved this now.

Please accept my apologies, we welcome the feedback about uploading images and will try and improve this process to make it a bit more intuitive. It's a brand new system this year so please bare with us.

Please contact the ServiceDesk if you have any further problems please PM me.

Thanks and enjoy your time at Portsmouth

Stuart Graves

Student ID card.png

I appreciate you taking your time to update us all on the issues you are having, however, as you can see in the picture above, I am still unable to complete the process.

I am only given the option to choose between the 4 cards at the bottom, and upon clicking one of them, I get prompted to sign in again. This then results in a blue tick beside the card, but I cannot progress any further than that.

I understand that the service is new and not yet perfected, but I would just like to get this part completed so I can tick it off my list of the many things left to do. :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi

Thankyou for getting back to me, could I just confirm you are using the www.port.ac.uk/studentcard link? Then login with your new university username and password.

Www.port.ac.uk/welcome site lists the three steps if you need more info.

If you are still having problems please contact the ServiceDesk or contact me directly and I can assist.

Thanks
Hi All, Christine from the Information Centre here, sorry that some of you are still having problems with the online registration form. Please contact our Service Desk for assistance. You can email them at [email protected] or call 02392 847777. Best wishes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending