The Student Room Group

chances of Southampton giving me an offer with BCC

Hi , I got bccc for my alevels but want to apply for a course with AAB requirements ... pretty sure I won't get an offer but is there any hope .
You looking to go into clearing or into next year?
Original post by anaighj
Hi , I got bccc for my alevels but want to apply for a course with AAB requirements ... pretty sure I won't get an offer but is there any hope .

If you don't get the predicted grades, 9/10 they'll reject you straight away. I'm pretty certain nearly all teachers don't predict two grades up, so I don't think your chances are great, unfortunately.
Reply 3
Original post by Ameenk95
You looking to go into clearing or into next year?

I meant for my as levels*
Reply 4
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
If you don't get the predicted grades, 9/10 they'll reject you straight away. I'm pretty certain nearly all teachers don't predict two grades up, so I don't think your chances are great, unfortunately.

Well... An ABB prediction would give him a good chance, coupled with a good PS and reference also. Are you taking resits?
Original post by yycdxb
Well... An ABB prediction would give him a good chance, coupled with a good PS and reference also. Are you taking resits?

He would be rejected if his predictions don't meet the requirements of AAB. ABB is the highest his teachers can predict him (within reason). No I'm not taking resits, why?
Reply 6
He would be rejected if his predictions don't meet the requirements of AAB. ABB is the highest his teachers can predict him (within reason). No I'm not taking resits, why?

I meant if he was taking resits, sorry.
I got BCC for my AS Levels, would I be predicted BBB for next year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by littlemix012
I got BCC for my AS Levels, would I be predicted BBB for next year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It entirely depends on your school's policy. Some predict a grade above the AS. Although whether that's realistic or not is probably a different question...
Reply 9

Not necessarily. Some universities will still give an offer (depending on the course), and then it becomes a gamble for the applicant to firm and potentially miss a challenging offer (although there is the further twist that a small miss may still be acceptable on results day...)
You can be predicted up but then if you won't actually achieve that it could be a waste of time. Some universities also look at AS results
Original post by anaighj

I actually got into Southampton with the same grades at A2 through clearing last year, into an AAB/ABB course (although the B was eventually remarked to an A, I then took a gap year and retook some exams, but kept the place).

Seeing as you're in AS, again, I got similar grades, BBCD, and managed to get offers for AAB/ABB courses with AAB predictions. But as you know from above I failed miserably to achieve these predictions.

Point is, getting the offers/predictions is the easy part. You'd be surprised at how many applicants with fairly low AS grades end up getting decent offers, I know this from friends irl and from accounts on here. Actually making the offer is another story.
Original post by jneill
It entirely depends on your school's policy. Some predict a grade above the AS. Although whether that's realistic or not is probably a different question...

Alright, thank you! I'm really scared now because Essex and Southampton want BBB and I can't get into a good grade based uni with C's; (

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending