The Student Room Group

Why does this woman get made fun of?

Wasn't going to post this but just thought I'd share this as Im simply curious about what people think of it lol. Basically there's a woman who goes to my running club, she's age 52 -54 not sure exactly but early fifties. When she goes for a run with the group she sometimes wears like a sports crop top so her stomach and shoulders are showing, along with some longish shorts like cycling ones. She is slim/quite muscly not overweight in anyway but several of the other women have been talking about her saying how she's too old to wear that, making fun and basically gossiping. One of the women tried to mimic the way she runs and had the others laughing. The thing is some of the male runners around her age will run with no top on but no one blinks an eye. I've not said anything to anyone about this but yea, why make fun of her? Or does she really dress inappropriately. It makes me wonder if there are people somewhere making fun of me even though I don't wear revealing clothes or I am quite odd in certain ways.
Original post by Anonymous
Wasn't going to post this but just thought I'd share this as Im simply curious about what people think of it lol. Basically there's a woman who goes to my running club, she's age 52 -54 not sure exactly but early fifties. When she goes for a run with the group she sometimes wears like a sports crop top so her stomach and shoulders are showing, along with some longish shorts like cycling ones. She is slim/quite muscly not overweight in anyway but several of the other women have been talking about her saying how she's too old to wear that, making fun and basically gossiping. One of the women tried to mimic the way she runs and had the others laughing. The thing is some of the male runners around her age will run with no top on but no one blinks an eye. I've not said anything to anyone about this but yea, why make fun of her? Or does she really dress inappropriately. It makes me wonder if there are people somewhere making fun of me even though I don't wear revealing clothes or I am quite odd in certain ways.

Double Standards eh?

They're being immature because of her age
Because there is this strange stigma around "dressing your age" or not being "inappropriate" as you get older. As a society we expect older women to cover up more and more instead of appreciating them and their bodies for who and what they are. Whether or not she is in shape is actually pretty irrelevant, but I understand what you mean in that you'd think she'd be the least worried about covering up considering she isn't unfit.

Why make fun of her? There is no excuse. The reason is that they are being judgemental and cruel and holding her to ridiculous expectations.
Reply 4
Women for you

can't function unless they have a daily b!tch session about another woman
They are jealous, simple. The women is able to relive - successfully - her youth because of her physical fitness.

because /women.
The women are just jealous of her. They probably can't pull that look off at their younger age.

Posted from TSR Mobile
They are insecure and probably jealous. Pretty pathetic in my opinion.

Quick Reply