The Student Room Group

Messed up in AS Levels, is a comeback this big possible?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Leechayy
I had finally finished my exams.
All 21 of them :colonhash:
I survived the onslaught of OCR:mmm:

I cannot believe I actually managed to do them all!
Looking back:
I had only performed badly on two maths exams which won't count towards your final grade

Only 4 others have boundary-blurring results (like, the marks are touching A/B boundary)

End result for predicting grades at a harsh level ranges from ABBB --> A*A*AA

But everything else went wonderfully, even Economics went better than expected even though I prioritised the other three

I'm feeling good about results day. I've worked so hard for this and even if it doesn't go well its truly been an experience.
Extra time has saved me so many times, its crazy how helpful it is!

I want to thank everybody on this thread that gave me advice during a time where I truly felt that I was at my lowest.
Now I'm going to take my well deserved rest and

Fingers crossed for results day :biggrin:
Leechayy

Great to hear that everything went well!
Good luck on results day, i wish you the best.
I got B - history AS , A - Maths AS ( Overall B for A2) and C - economics AS . I am deeply dissapointed :frown: . Any advice on what I could do next year for yr13?
Kick yourself up the arse and do as well as you can this year. Do not be afraid to go through clearing next year or even take a year out and reapply fully.

I've been to university, left it, and am taking a year out to reapply to do something I genuinely enjoy at the best place I can. Do your best and don't settle for any less. 1 or 2 years is NOTHING in the whole scheme of your life. I say go for it!!
My opinion, its just an opinion; retake the year, your grades aren't as bad as the title suggests! Get the grades up, beg for good predicted grades apply to 3 high risk unis (e.g. Imperial) and 2 low risk and in ones you are confident to get into. A comeback is always possible, nothing is impossible! have faith in yourself and work as much as possible
x

How did you do? :smile:
Reply 45
Original post by SophF_rth
How did you do? :smile:

Alright. I gave it a go. But it goes to show I really bit off more than I could chew.
I am disappointed but looking at things in perspective I definitely learned a lot.
I am way off of my target. But it's only natural I knew the risks as soon as I made this decision.

Looking to apply to Bristol (AAB) whilst I clean up a few mistakes.
Thank you guys for believing in me but I couldn't deliver.
:o:o:redface:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
I have avenged thy past self:wink:
I'm heading to Bristol:smug::smug::smug::smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Recently recieved my AS Levels and was absolutely gutted :frown: :

Maths: B
Physics: C
Economics: D

I am trying to apply to universities like Imperial, Bristol, Birmingham, Nottingham and Edinburgh in my A2 year to study Computer Science/Computing and I am going to resit my exams all in my A2 year in an attempt to get A*AAA (including Further Maths).

I also have various extenuating circumstances:

- Was supposed to be given 25% extra time for my AS year which I declined for various reasons but I will be recieving it next year.

- Medical reasons...

- Came from an under-performing secondary school which only offered me 5 GCSEs

My teachers at my college have adressed the situation and have predicted me A*AAA for my subjects.

With all these coming into play I wanted to ask a few questions

1. Is it possible to get offers from unis like Imperial and Birmingham requesting A*AA with my AS results and e.c?

2. Are there any similar scenarios as to if this has been done before?

3. How much of an impact will my e.c have on my application?

4. If anyone has an offer or are already studying CompSci/Computing at the following unis do you have any advice for me?

All criticism and advice is accepted :smile:

Leechayy

If you need a boost in morale, read my post here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4269346
Original post by MoonVirgo
If you need a boost in morale, read my post here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4269346

The original post is two years old, so he's probably got over it by now.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
The original post is two years old, so he's probably got over it by now.

Oh LOL sorry didn't notice.
Original post by MoonVirgo
Oh LOL sorry didn't notice.

No matter. From the post above yours, it appears they are just fine now.

Quick Reply