University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Architecture at Reading

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Louise Read
Hi! We haven't talked in a while! I hope all your A Levels went okay! :smile:

They went alright but idc coz I GOT INTO READING! You?

Original post by UniofReading
Congratulations to you all :smile: I recently visited the London Road campus and explored the facilities for Architecture - it looks phenomenal!

As Architecture is a new course at Reading, once you are all settled in; you may want to consider setting up the Architecture Society with the Student Union - that way as your course grows an develops throughout the 3 years so will the members entering in later years (https://www.rusu.co.uk/activities/setupanewgroup/)

Mark
2nd Year Accounting and Management

Thank you very much and I'll think about it :':wink:
(edited 7 years ago)
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Original post by muctarrio97
They went alright but idc coz I GOT INTO READING! You?

Thank you very much and I'll think about it :':wink:

I got in too! Yay!! :smile:
Reply 22
Hi guys, I got the confirmation back in January but I guess I only just realised I am actually going to Reading now haha. Can't wait to start at Reading and meet everybody, and can't wait to start studying architecture. :smile: Do you know what halls you are all staying at?
Reply 23
Original post by DanWi
Hi guys, I got the confirmation back in January but I guess I only just realised I am actually going to Reading now haha. Can't wait to start at Reading and meet everybody, and can't wait to start studying architecture. :smile: Do you know what halls you are all staying at?

Hey Dan you made it! I'm staying at Sherfield Hall! You?

I got in too! Yay!! :smile:

Yas Louise! You staying at Bridges?
Reply 24

Hey man how's it going? Sherfield looks decent (they all did ngl), but I chose Mackinder because it's closer to London Road campus and I'm always late for things haha. Mackinder, Sherfield and Bridges create a triangle of buildings that are as far away from each other as possible :cry:
Reply 25
Original post by DanWi
Hey man how's it going? Sherfield looks decent (they all did ngl), but I chose Mackinder because it's closer to London Road campus and I'm always late for things haha. Mackinder, Sherfield and Bridges create a triangle of buildings that are as far away from each other as possible :cry:

I'm great and I'm really excited to start.

Mackinder? Damn you got a bigger bed TT^TT. Using your scholarship to help with the accommodation cost?
Reply 26
I'm great and I'm really excited to start.

Mackinder? Damn you got a bigger bed TT^TT. Using your scholarship to help with the accommodation cost?

Yeah definitely, I figured I'd get the one I liked best since we're getting the money. I was wondering, how necessary do you think it is to have a laptop for the course/ university in general?
Reply 27
Original post by DanWi
Yeah definitely, I figured I'd get the one I liked best since we're getting the money. I was wondering, how necessary do you think it is to have a laptop for the course/ university in general?

Considering our course, I'd say we need a laptop that can keep up with our multitasking and CAD software. Been looking around and it depends on how much you want to spend.

http://architizer.com/blog/young-architect-guide-8-top-laptops-for-architecture-students/ - Ignoring the list of what laptops is best, the requirements section is handy.
Reply 28
Considering our course, I'd say we need a laptop that can keep up with our multitasking and CAD software. Been looking around and it depends on how much you want to spend.

http://architizer.com/blog/young-architect-guide-8-top-laptops-for-architecture-students/ - Ignoring the list of what laptops is best, the requirements section is handy.

Thanks I'll have a look. Didn't want to spend a lot of money, apparently we can spend as much as we want in the Architecture department anyway as its 24/7 :eek:
Original post by DanWi

From experience it's definitely wise to have one -- if not certainly a tablet thats portable to login to Blackboard remotely etc :smile:

Mark
2nd Year Accounting and Management

Yas Louise! You staying at Bridges?

No I'm staying at Child's! I think that must have been my second choice, I don't really remember what I chose. Thought I'd take advantage of my scholarship too haha!
Reply 31
No I'm staying at Child's! I think that must have been my second choice, I don't really remember what I chose. Thought I'd take advantage of my scholarship too haha!

Fair enough loool! Found anyone doing architecture in your halls?

Original post by DanWi
Thanks I'll have a look. Didn't want to spend a lot of money, apparently we can spend as much as we want in the Architecture department anyway as its 24/7 :eek:

Dan... Reading is basically a fairy tale come true T^T
Fair enough loool! Found anyone doing architecture in your halls?

Dan... Reading is basically a fairy tale come true T^T

Nope haha! I haven't really looked yet!! But I love the idea that we all have our own workspace in London Road Campus and we can go in whenever we want!
Reply 33
Nope haha! I haven't really looked yet!! But I love the idea that we all have our own workspace in London Road Campus and we can go in whenever we want!

Hey Louise me and DanWi (Lol hey bro) manage to find 19 other people doing architecture at reading! There's a group chat on facebook and so if you have facebook, find my profile Mucki Deen!
Hey Louise me and DanWi (Lol hey bro) manage to find 19 other people doing architecture at reading! There's a group chat on facebook and so if you have facebook, find my profile Mucki Deen!

Ooooh that's exciting! Yeah I'll add you! I found out my accommodation room today and people in my flat, have you found out yours yet?
Reply 35
Ooooh that's exciting! Yeah I'll add you! I found out my accommodation room today and people in my flat, have you found out yours yet?

Yes I have!

Quick Reply

Latest