The Student Room Group

What is the most horrific thing to happen to you in your life?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
It would be a long list.

Recently I had a kebab delivered covered in burger sauce instead of chilli :frown:
Original post by sameehaiqbal
This thread doesn't allow anonymous posts so I'm not gonna say.

Why?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The worst thing that's happened to me is when I got sexually assaulted by a family friend when I was eleven. I also almost lost my closest friend to anorexia and I was bullied constantly at secondary school. All this means I now suffer from depression and anxiety but things have really been looking up recently. To everyone out there: never give up hope, you're stronger than you think 💖💖

Posted from TSR Mobile
One of my worst nightmares - and there were many, I was brought up In an orphanage in the 50's and 60's. you just couldn't do anything right for these nuns. I played a wrong note on the violin and she chased me up the corridor, grabbed my hand and slammed it in the hinge of the door. Top of my finger was hanging off. Got locked in the chapel crypt for three days with the dead nuns.I was so traumatised, I didn't speak for six months. I was 8,

The horrific thing that's happened to me is really personal and people might recognize me on this so I don't want to say so publically.
Original post by Seamus123
One of my worst nightmares - and there were many, I was brought up In an orphanage in the 50's and 60's. you just couldn't do anything right for these nuns. I played a wrong note on the violin and she chased me up the corridor, grabbed my hand and slammed it in the hinge of the door. Top of my finger was hanging off. Got locked in the chapel crypt for three days with the dead nuns.I was so traumatised, I didn't speak for six months. I was 8,

Ireland. 1950's and 60's . Am I right?
Original post by sameehaiqbal
The horrific thing that's happened to me is really personal and people might recognize me on this so I don't want to say so publically.

Hello. If you want to disclose something , can you not make a new username temporarily? Or ask someone in Admin ?
Original post by markova21
Ireland. 1950's and 60's . Am I right?

Scotland, but the Order of Nuns had homes both in Ireland, Scotland, all over the world in fact, but originated in Ireland. Operated the Magdalen Laundries and Nazareth Houses.
Bullying about my appearance and my weight in high school that led to a 4 year struggle with anorexia, along with depression and anxiety developing around that time. Had to battle through it all to sit my GCSEs and AS+A2.
Oesophageal bolus. I still suffer from episodes of post-traumatic stress linked to the original incident, which was quite as indescribably morbid a terror as I have ever experienced.

In summary: remember to chew your steak, kids.
(edited 7 years ago)
Saw my crush with another man.
Original post by davidguettafan
Mine is the bullying from hell I suffered every day for 5 years :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

11 years
Two things that come from the same place, one of them being myself drowning and a year or 2 later seeing a dead body being pulled out from the same river in which I nearly drowned. (even almost the exact same spot :lolwut: ) I guess I was lucky since I can't really swim properly :erm:
Can't say without anonymity. But I'm doing okay now.
Scotland, but the Order of Nuns had homes both in Ireland, Scotland, all over the world in fact, but originated in Ireland. Operated the Magdalen Laundries and Nazareth Houses.

There is a former Magdalen laundry here in Newry. It re-opened as Cuan Mhuire Addiction Centre, known to everyone as Sister Consilios, after the nun, who I have met, who founded the centres all over Ireland. She is a wonderful, inspirational woman who has devoted her life to helping alcoholics get and stay sober. She knew my son's dad very well. Although he had his funeral in Mayo , the Newry Cuan Mhuire laid on a wonderful memorial service for him in Newry for all his friends who couldn't get to his funeral all the way in Mayo. Sister Consilio herself couldn't make it. I was told later on that she deliberately didn't go, as she felt very angry towards his family,who she felt could have done so much more to keep him alive, like getting him sectioned,etc.

Oh my good god! That's awful.
Original post by iEthan
Oh my good god! That's awful.

Ive never got over it. I've got a resit on Wednesday and when I'm stressed, I pick at the scar and it has bled today and it's very painful. I'm left handed so struggling to do notes today.
Ive never got over it. I've got a resit on Wednesday and when I'm stressed, I pick at the scar and it has bled today and it's very painful. I'm left handed so struggling to do notes today.

I wish you all the best of luck. Can absolutely see why that would be so distressing, how bloody awful. :frown: I'm also left handed. If you cannot write the notes, perhaps typing them up may help? If not - maybe have a read over things instead... that way you don't overexert yourself. :frown:
Original post by markova21
There is a former Magdalen laundry here in Newry. It re-opened as Cuan Mhuire Addiction Centre, known to everyone as Sister Consilios, after the nun, who I have met, who founded the centres all over Ireland. She is a wonderful, inspirational woman who has devoted her life to helping alcoholics get and stay sober. She knew my son's dad very well. Although he had his funeral in Mayo , the Newry Cuan Mhuire laid on a wonderful memorial service for him in Newry for all his friends who couldn't get to his funeral all the way in Mayo. Sister Consilio herself couldn't make it. I was told later on that she deliberately didn't go, as she felt very angry towards his family,who she felt could have done so much more to keep him alive, like getting him sectioned,etc.

The Nazareth House nuns used to threaten us with the Magdalens. I was sent to one after I tried to tell a welfare officer that a priest had interfered with me. They kept me there for six months and then sent me back to Scotland but to a different Nazareth House.
We are now waiting for the Scottish Government to open an inquiry into historical abuse in these homes. The British government has already opened on here in England.
The Nazareth House nuns used to threaten us with the Magdalens. I was sent to one after I tried to tell a welfare officer that a priest had interfered with me. They kept me there for six months and then sent me back to Scotland but to a different Nazareth House.
We are now waiting for the Scottish Government to open an inquiry into historical abuse in these homes. The British government has already opened on here in England.

OMG. I read today online something about a Monk who is on trial atm who worked at a private school somewhere, for abusing boys.

Quick Reply

Latest