The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Natalierm2707
Nobody could tell you whether it will be enough yet as the UKCAT averages change year on year.
You can actually calculate your score for each of these medical schools on their websites so go away and do that, the previous years cutoffs are available so you can compare your score.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I completely missed your response (didn't get the notification for some reason :s) but thank you so much!
Id advise you to push it back to a later date if possible, maybe by 1-2 weeks. If you cant do this then you need to do loads of practise the next 2 weeks, 4-6 hours a day and you might be fine. But rescheduling is a better option imo
Original post by Pra99
What did you get in AR and VR

AR I got 770 and VR I got 670
is it just me or do i notice a decrease in average scores as the weeks progress? Does the test get harder for later applicants? :O
Original post by kiwifruit99
is it just me or do i notice a decrease in average scores as the weeks progress? Does the test get harder for later applicants? :O

The test itself doesn't get harder as that would be unfair. Maybe people who take the test later just get more and more stressed. Pure conjecture, but you never know.
Original post by kiwifruit99

I believe that I've seen it reported somewhere that people who do the UKCAT earlier, tend to perform better, but I can't remember where I read it.
Original post by Gogregg
I believe that I've seen it reported somewhere that people who do the UKCAT earlier, tend to perform better, but I can't remember where I read it.

That's not true, it's just that a lot of early sitters tend to be re-applicants and so they will have in general got a better mark the second time round. The rest is probably just coincidence.
how are people getting so high in VR ive had medify for about 2 months and the highest ive had was 650. TELL ME YOUR SECRET
Original post by studentsixth
That's not true, it's just that a lot of early sitters tend to be re-applicants and so they will have in general got a better mark the second time round. The rest is probably just coincidence.

(I know this is no discussion but I just have to answer this)

I didn't mean in a sense that it becomes harder. There are probably reasons for this, one that you stated yourself, maybe because people have just finished exams so are still in revision mode? I don't know.

(found it!: http://www.ukcat.ac.uk/App_Media/uploads/guide-2016/UKCAT_Guide_16_Web.html#p=27 first bullet point under 'Advice')
Original post by HopelessMedic
Id advise you to push it back to a later date if possible, maybe by 1-2 weeks. If you cant do this then you need to do loads of practise the next 2 weeks, 4-6 hours a day and you might be fine. But rescheduling is a better option imo

The test slots are fully booked so I guess I will have to revise a lot .I'm not more so concerned about me putting in the hours, I just wanted to understand the difficulty of the test and how others found it. Thanks for the quick reply!!
Can't you try sitting the exam in a different town/city? The extra weeks would be worth the trip.
got mine tommorrow as well omg i feel physically ill thinking about it
Original post by shadow122
The test slots are fully booked so I guess I will have to revise a lot .I'm not more so concerned about me putting in the hours, I just wanted to understand the difficulty of the test and how others found it. Thanks for the quick reply!!

Id get straight onto medify and start practising loads of questions. In the last week do the official mocks and any other questions. Good Luck :smile:
Original post by shadow122
Can I prepare for the UKCAT in 2 weeks ?
I'm hearing all these speculations that in order to succeed I should have started my revising back in June. However coming from an under privileged school (that decided not to tell me anything about the UKCAT`s existence ), I'm starting quite the fair bit late .

yes..rescheduling would be a very good idea. This way you give yourself time to practice a bit more and be familiar with the format of the test.
Use past papers, mock exams available online and if you feel you still need more practice there are also a number of courses you could attend.

If you have any question about the test I'll be happy to help.

UniAdmissions
my ukcat is booked for the 12th september so i havent got that much longer to go now ...
does anyone have any tips?
I thank all of you guys for your helpful responses. I had finally found a test slot which gives me exactly 3 weeks to prepare .Your advice has been effective and I look forward to using m time wisely.
Reply 2936
do as many questions as possible
okay well mine is now in 3 hours...
*****ing myself
Reply 2938
Here are some notes I made when I did it last year. There really is no better way to prepare than to constantly do as many as you can and as much as you can. It seems hard at the start but after a TON of practice you will get into it.
Does anyone know the best book to buy for the UKCAT? I'm sitting mine on the 4 of October and already have medify.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending