The Student Room Group

second-entry clearing?

I finished my A2 this year (2016) but didn't get good results, I then got put into clearing but I did not want to go to University this year as I wanted to take a gap year or take a level 3 diploma for a year to gain some more ucas points, Is it possible for me to go through clearing next year if unis don't accept me again?
Original post by supremeibby
I finished my A2 this year (2016) but didn't get good results, I then got put into clearing but I did not want to go to University this year as I wanted to take a gap year or take a level 3 diploma for a year to gain some more ucas points, Is it possible for me to go through clearing next year if unis don't accept me again?

It will be no different to your application this year.
Reply 2
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
It will be no different to your application this year.

So I can be put into clearing again? Also do I keep the same reference and stuff thats on my UCAS at the moment when I apply next year?
So I can be put into clearing again? Also do I keep the same reference and stuff thats on my UCAS at the moment when I apply next year?

If you make a new application next year, and get offers which you fail to meet, you will be put into Clearing exactly as this time round.

Unless you decide to ask someone else to provide a more up to date reference, you can ask for the same one to be used if you wish. I'd advise updating your ps to take account of what you are doing on your gap year, but otherwise you can make it substantially the same.
Reply 4
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
If you make a new application next year, and get offers which you fail to meet, you will be put into Clearing exactly as this time round.

Unless you decide to ask someone else to provide a more up to date reference, you can ask for the same one to be used if you wish. I'd advise updating your ps to take account of what you are doing on your gap year, but otherwise you can make it substantially the same.

I think I'll have to make a whole new ps because I want to apply to something else next year, thank you so much for your help
I think I'll have to make a whole new ps because I want to apply to something else next year, thank you so much for your help

You're welcome.:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending