The Student Room Group

Transgender Activist in Turkey burned to death

Scroll to see replies

Original post by epage
I'd like to point out that the average life expectancy of trans people is around 30 years, due to murder/suicide etc. I did not create this thread to shame turkey or islamic countries in general. I made it to point out the horrific violence against trans people all over the world.

I'd also like to say that although my original post said turkey has the highest rate of trans murders in the world, I actually meant europe. Brazil holds the title for the highest rate of trans murders in the world. The USA has a higher rate of trans murders than turkey.

2 late to back track now! Per capita!?
Apart from the evilness of the act, it's the sheer hypocrisy of it too. So before being murdered she was RAPED? So her murderers must have been sexually aroused by her in order to rape her. Doesn't that speak volumes about THEM ??
Original post by Betelgeuse-

The USA has a rate of 0.49 murders per 10 million people per year.

Spoiler

Turkey has a rate of 0.63 murders per 10 million people per year.

Spoiler

So no, I was wrong. But there isn't a huge difference.
Original post by Betelgeuse-

Although I would like to point out that the USA had more trans murders than the whole of europe combined in 2015. (13 for europe, 23 for USA)
It is ironic that Muslims come top of the left's victim hierarchy, when Muslims (well Islamists) kill their fellow victims lower down the ladder.

Gays, women, Trans people in this example.

You wonder when feminists and the LGBT political movements are going to work this out. Never maybe?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending