The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

Anyone else doing Biological Sciences?

Anyone doing biological sciences in September?
Original post by amelimoo

Are you just starting Biology as in first year?
If so, I am a third year Biomedical Science student and not joking, half of my course was the same as Biology in first year Biomed. =l
The other half was healthcare.

EDIT:
When I say the same, I mean both Biology and Biomed both had Anatomy and Physiology and Cell Genetics and Biochemistry modules together.
(edited 7 years ago)
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Scienceisgood
Are you just starting Biology as in first year?
If so, I am a third year Biomedical Science student and not joking, half of my course was the same as Biology in first year Biomed. =l
The other half was healthcare.

EDIT:
When I say the same, I mean both Biology and Biomed both had Anatomy and Physiology and Cell Genetics and Biochemistry modules together.

Yeah I'm starting in September. How did you find it? What are the lecturers like? Did you find it harder than Alevel?
Yeah I'm starting in September. How did you find it? What are the lecturers like? Did you find it harder than Alevel?

Lecturers are AMAZING, except for one, beware Jason Mansell, everyone I have spoken to completely agrees with me he is by far the most dull lecturer ever...
Anatomy and Physiology is basically A LOT of human biology and medical terms... you will also learn how to kill people a lot... that is from Chris Moore (best lecturer EVA!).

If you'd like, I will be going to Fresher's Fair on the 16th September (takes place in ECC and thousands of people go there, no joke...) and I can give you the dos, the don'ts etc... if you'd like to meet up.

I also have access to the Cell Genetics and Biochemistry question bank (they give this out towards the end of the year). =l
Can also give you a few hints for Anatomy and Physiology as well. =)

Also, there's A LOT of Overlap with A Level and PERSONALLY, I find A levels harder than Biomedical Science...
Reply 5
Lecturers are AMAZING, except for one, beware Jason Mansell, everyone I have spoken to completely agrees with me he is by far the most dull lecturer ever...
Anatomy and Physiology is basically A LOT of human biology and medical terms... you will also learn how to kill people a lot... that is from Chris Moore (best lecturer EVA!).

If you'd like, I will be going to Fresher's Fair on the 16th September (takes place in ECC and thousands of people go there, no joke...) and I can give you the dos, the don'ts etc... if you'd like to meet up.

I also have access to the Cell Genetics and Biochemistry question bank (they give this out towards the end of the year). =l
Can also give you a few hints for Anatomy and Physiology as well. =)

Thanks for the heads up! And that would be great, I'd love to get some advice and more info about everything!

Oh yeah, NEED to say this before I forget.
When you go into your second year, revise the *HIT out of Immunological and Physiological Systems, no joke but somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 of the ENTIRE course had to resit a paper (47 people to be precise, me not being one of them thank god!).
Reply 7
Oh yeah, NEED to say this before I forget.
When you go into your second year, revise the *HIT out of Immunological and Physiological Systems, no joke but somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 of the ENTIRE course had to resit a paper (47 people to be precise, me not being one of them thank god!).

Oh my gosh!!! Thanks for the heads up!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending