The Student Room Group

Shocking video of struggling UK citizens

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by joecphillips
You talk as if a government doing their job and protecting the citizens with a proper immigration policy is a bad thing.

Merkel the eu's supreme leader is under pressure to give us a good deal and not cut us off from the single market.

You do know nations have free trade with the eu who are not members of the eu like South Korea and they do not have the free movement of people.

You based your entire vote on a gamble that from the start is against you.

On the mere hope that Britain has any form of pull?

ps Merkel is not the "supreme leader" of the EU...:facepalm:
Reply 81
Original post by inhuman
You based your entire vote on a gamble that from the start is against you.

On the mere hope that Britain has any form of pull?

ps Merkel is not the "supreme leader" of the EU...:facepalm:

I based my vote on not wanting to join a United States of Europe, with a system that is undemocratic.
Reply 82
I based my vote on not wanting to join a United States of Europe, with a system that is undemocratic.

I see.

Britain will do great with people like you leading it no doubt.
Reply 83
Original post by inhuman
I see.

Britain will do great with people like you leading it no doubt.

I would trust myself and anyone who recognises the need for a border a lot more than someone like you to lead this country.

Do you oppose the undemocratic parts of our system such as fptp?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 85
I would trust myself and anyone who recognises the need for a border a lot more than someone like you to lead this country.

You trust someone with the same biases as you.

I trust someone capable of objective reasoning.

But hey bro, you got your wish, rule Britannia, long live the empire, all hail the queen, Britannia, **** yea!
Reply 86
Original post by Bornblue
Do you oppose the undemocratic parts of our system such as fptp?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would prefer to change it but the public voted to keep it.
I would prefer to change it but the public voted to keep it.

We chose to reject AV, not PR.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 88
Original post by Bornblue
We chose to reject AV, not PR.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't support referendums every 2 minutes on the same topic, if I was in charge I would support a referendum on mmp in 2021 as it combines both fptp and pr and I personally believe it would be the best system, a version of this is already in place in the Wales and Scotland.
I'm saying that there has been a slight increase under the Tory's than labour so saying that the Tory's are underfunding the NHS means you can not say that parties like labour weren't underfunding it.

For starters nobody gave spending figures over Labour's term so where is the basis for comparison? (Using 2009, the depths of recession, as usual are we?)

Secondly who cares what Labour did, that's ancient history, we are talking about the Tories.

Thirdly a lot of Labour's spending was PFI, off the books, won't appear in any figures you might present. It means you can pretend you have enough money so you don't have to raise taxes, because the papers and voters throw a **** fit if you say you have to do this. But the trade-off is it costs 10 times as much.

Fourthly I believe spending on the NHS has fallen as a percentage of GDP/total spending.

Fifthly, in any case spending isn't everything: in fact, it's hardly relevant. What is the spending on? Recently Tories have announced large spending increases in order to distract from endemic problems, deliberately caused, in the NHS management.
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Heh dont worry i dont have the power of abolishing it, yes i know working people including immigrants as a whole pay more into it.. my point is that X years when they retire... you now have an even bigger group of pensioners to fund.. now what? More working immigrants! Great..

And when they retire, you now have an even bigger number of pensioners to fund..

Don't worry i have a solution, whats our population again? 109 million sir, we are building upwards now and housing 8 people to every "Traditional" 3 bedroom home

Dont worry, our GDP is much bigger though

Non EU immigrants retire here, bring armies of dependents over, etc etc.

EU immigrants will retire at home, in fact they often go back after a few years, they come singly.

Guess which type of immigrant we just voted to block.

Yep the great British public strikes again.
Reply 91
Original post by mojojojo101
People need to be much smarter about how they use NHS services, especially A&E but equally the government need to accept responsibility for completely failing to get to grips with the problem and both not coming up with alternatives or where those alternatives are available not making people aware of them.

Potentially, but some will take major generational shifts. Things like integrating health and social care will help.

While I'd be willing to conceede some people expect too much sometimes, I don't think that is the case here. The UK spends a relatively small amount of money on healthcare compared to other developed nations and rarely ranks particularly well when it comes to outcomes either.

Yes, largely because people expect a Rolls Royce service from the state. The NHS is baseline universal provision. Most other countries top up the basic provision with private insurance. There's an element of personal responsibility here, which is why I'm not overly fond of the NHS prescribing very expensive drugs beyond usual QALY standards.
Original post by JamesN88
I mean those young EU migrants must put more strain on the NHS than all the pensioners in Spain do on the local equivalent.

I swear this guy is a whole new level of thick. Unbelievable.
Believed everything fat Boris said during the campaign.
Original post by cbreef
I swear this guy is a whole new level of thick. Unbelievable.
Believed everything fat Boris said during the campaign.

Boris the Turk who was sharing a platform with people scaremongering about Turkey joining the EU.
Original post by JamesN88
Ashamed of ourselves? Now you're starting to sound deranged.

EU migrants pay more in tax than they take out, like our unbalanced economy that you also wrongly blame the EU for problems with the NHS are the fault of the UK govt. We'd have a larger budget deficit if it wasn't for EU workers paying more than their fair share.

Not all immigrants pay more tax than they take out. Look at the cost of the Tax credit benefits. Tax credits costed £1.1 billion in 1999. In 2014 tax credits now cost the UK +£30 billion pounds. It is increasing as we have uncontrolled borders and more immigrants coming in.
Original post by Naveed-7
Not all immigrants pay more tax than they take out. Look at the cost of the Tax credit benefits. Tax credits costed £1.1 billion in 1999. In 2014 tax credits now cost the UK +£30 billion pounds. It is increasing as we have uncontrolled borders and more immigrants coming in.

What? You just keep making unevidenced claims. Where is your solid evidence that tax credits have increased due to immigration?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, NHS is crumbling because there are staff shortages and being underfunded.

It has just been announced by the government on the BBC you dumb remainian sambetches. :biggrin:

According to BBC: "A Department of Health spokesman said: "Over the past six years, eight independent studies have set out the evidence for a 'weekend effect' - unacceptable variation in care across the week."This government is the first to tackle this, with a commitment to a safer, seven day NHS for patients and £10bn to fund the NHS's own plan for the future, alongside thousands of extra doctors and nurses on our wards."

That £10 bn is the same figure we spent on the EU. I said this at the beginning of this thread. The government has just announced that they will instead be spending it on the NHS. And yes, it was a cash issue.

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-37161480
(edited 7 years ago)

It has just been announced by the government on the BBC you dumb remainian sambetches. :biggrin:

According to BBC: "A Department of Health spokesman said: "Over the past six years, eight independent studies have set out the evidence for a 'weekend effect' - unacceptable variation in care across the week."This government is the first to tackle this, with a commitment to a safer, seven day NHS for patients and £10bn to fund the NHS's own plan for the future, alongside thousands of extra doctors and nurses on our wards."

That £10 bn is the same figure we spent on the EU. I said this at the beginning of this thread. The government has just announced that they will instead be spending it on the NHS. And yes, it was a cash issue.

No one has said it's not been underfunded, in fact that's the entire point, it has been massively underfunded....

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't see why the immigrant is complaining about immigration

Honestly this made me LOL. If you had any common sense, you would know that the Department of Health is just a front for government spin and lies about the NHS. Why anyone would choose to listen to a bunch of self-entitled policy-makers who have never worked a day in the NHS, as opposed to the actual doctors on the front line, is beyond me. But then again, you've probably never worked a day in the NHS either. Suddenly you're an expert on it? Grow up and read between the lines.

This is the truth of what's going on behind the scenes, and how the DoH are trying to pull the wool over the public's eyes. Some schmucks like you just fall for it hook, line and sinker. You know the saying - we cannot help the ignorant.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/aug/22/secret-documents-reveal-official-concerns-over-seven-day-nhs-plans

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/aug/22/leaks-flaws-jeremy-hunt-deception-seven-day-nhs

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending