The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

No Accommodation Left at DMU?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
This afternoon i refreshed the accom page and a room came up for Liberty Park so i managed to get a room there, sooooo relieved!

Keep trying guys rooms keep popping up :smile:
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by Beardy1111
Oh haha, that's not good? Maybe the servers are down or something because a lot of people are probably trying the same as you!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's probably true, oh and by any chance did you manage to find accommodation at the "Glassworks" because I think that's the only thing available for me
Reply 22
Well done Kay!! And as for the glassworks Tom, I wouldn't go for that unless you're 100% sure no other rooms are available because they're overpriced and you won't be able to mingle with other freshers because not many others will be there!

Just keep refreshing!! 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have a room in The Grange which is an ensuite. The room is £122 per week. PM for more details
Reply 24
That was me just a few days ago omg!! Yeah my advice is to just refresh like mad and hope for a cancellation other than that, mezzino is the private accommodation that was the most affordable that I could find outside of the recommended DMU halls. Good luck everyone x
Reply 25
Original post by Kay_96
This afternoon i refreshed the accom page and a room came up for Liberty Park so i managed to get a room there, sooooo relieved!

Keep trying guys rooms keep popping up :smile:

Hi i'm also in liberty park :smile: What block are you in?!
Reply 26
Original post by _Richa
Hi i'm also in liberty park :smile: What block are you in?!

Woo! im in block 5 what about you? theres loads of group chats on fb for liberty park now
Honestly, just keep on refreshing the page. I thought there was no chance of me finding any, and was just about to book a studio at the Glassworks, but miraculously a room at Newarke popped up :eek: so yeah just hope for the best
Reply 28
Original post by Kay_96
Woo! im in block 5 what about you? theres loads of group chats on fb for liberty park now

Nice! I'm in block 3 :smile: and cool can you get me added to a few??
I really need to get accomdation can anyone help me ?????
Reply 30
Original post by Progressionsci1
I really need to get accomdation can anyone help me ?????

Have you kept checking the accommodation page?? It's really late for it now, there may be some left in the Glasshouse? There's also private accommodation as a last resort?

Good luck, I hope you find somewhere!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Am I the only who still cant find any accommodation?! even the private cant give me any information as they are still going through loads of booking enquiries. I don't understand why the university would over subscribe this much. STRESSED
Reply 32
Original post by AAugusta1
Am I the only who still cant find any accommodation?! even the private cant give me any information as they are still going through loads of booking enquiries. I don't understand why the university would over subscribe this much. STRESSED

There must be other people in your boat, and I do agree that it is a monumental cock up on their part for taking on more students than they can house 😡

I really hope you find somewhere!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Have you fount any accomdstion I'm struggling too?
Reply 34
Hi, I have an ensuite room at The Grange(on campus) which is £122 per week, email me if you are interested.
Reply 35
Original post by lottzrj
Hi, I have an ensuite room at The Grange(on campus) which is £122 per week, email me if you are interested.

Message me ASAP
Hi, I'm in the same boat😕....desperately looking for accommodation! any advice on what to do apart from refreshing constantly! Getting worried now
Hi everyone,
At the moment the accommodation office are asking students to log into their booking portal as normal, but if it says
there is no availability, you will need to leave a preference for either Sulets or Glassworks. They will then work our way
through the lists and allocate accommodation. You’re more than welcome to try other providers in the private sector,
but you won't be able to book rooms that have been reserved by the accommodation office through Sulets or
Glassworks directly.
If you have any more questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch by calling the Enquiry team on 0116 250 6070.
We look forward to seeing you in a few weeks!
(edited 7 years ago)
Lots of cheaper studios, and rooms in Leicester flatshares here : http://student.spareroom.co.uk/accommodation/leicester
Reply 39
NEED SOMEONE TO SWAP ACCOMDATION WITH ME MY ACCOMDATION IS LOCATED 5 MINUTES NEAR DMU CAMPUS, THE GRANGE EN SUITE ROOM £129 a week 43 week contract first rent instalment paid for looking for anything else which is shared or studio don't mind

Quick Reply