The Student Room Group

Help! Can't find AQA grade boundaries?

Trying to find the grade boundaries for geography and psychology AS, AQA really don't make it easy, I've found a bunch of tables, but none of them match up with the grades I have...anyone know how to use my results sheet to find where I fit within the mark range? Or anyone have a link to a useful table?

Any help would be super appreciated,
Fred T.A
Reply 1
Original post by FredTA
Trying to find the grade boundaries for geography and psychology AS, AQA really don't make it easy, I've found a bunch of tables, but none of them match up with the grades I have...anyone know how to use my results sheet to find where I fit within the mark range? Or anyone have a link to a useful table?

Any help would be super appreciated,
Fred T.A

Considering you didn't even provide your marks or anything.... Keep in mind that the marks listed on the AQA site are in UMS format not Raw.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Vyres
Considering you didn't even provide your marks or anything.... Keep in mind that the marks listed on the AQA site are in UMS format not Raw.

I'd rather not disclose my grades to the entire world, which I don't think is unreasable, I'm just looking for a table of the grade boundaries.

My results sheet gives me the "points" value on the right hand side for both geo and psych, and the "mark equiv" value for geo for both unit one and two, adding up to give the total for the GCE geo AS
Reply 3
Original post by FredTA
I'd rather not disclose my grades to the entire world, which I don't think is unreasable, I'm just looking for a table of the grade boundaries.

My results sheet gives me the "points" value on the right hand side for both geo and psych, and the "mark equiv" value for geo for both unit one and two, adding up to give the total for the GCE geo AS

Well no offence, but at year 12 I'd expect that you can successfully use a cash in sheet/grade boundary sheet.

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-A-LEVEL-GDE-BDY-JUNE-2016.PDF
http://store.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/UMS-GRADE-BOUNDARIES.PDF

Shouldn't be that hard to figure out, 99% of the A-level students have successfully done so.
Reply 4
Original post by Vyres
Well no offence, but at year 12 I'd expect that you can successfully use a cash in sheet/grade boundary sheet.

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-A-LEVEL-GDE-BDY-JUNE-2016.PDF
http://store.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/UMS-GRADE-BOUNDARIES.PDF

Shouldn't be that hard to figure out, 99% of the A-level students have successfully done so.

You serious? How in any way do you think that's helpful dude? I've used those tables, they don't make any sense given the values I have, they place my grades well outside the range they should be.

Bearing in mind how big of a deal this actually is (where I fall in the grade boundary determines if I have to move school or not) the last thing I need is to be talked down to, especially after an hour of already trying to figure this out. Just try and be a little sensitive for goodness sake.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by FredTA
You serious? How in any way do you think that's helpful dude? I've used those tables, they don't make any sense given the values I have, they place my grades well outside the range they should be.

Bearing in mind how big of a deal this actually is (where I fall in the grade boundary determines if I have to move school or not) the last thing I need is to be talked down to, especially after an hour of already trying to figure this out.

Well why don't you just private message me the marks you got, and I can simply provide you with whatever further information you need in minutes. It's not a big deal, it's not like I'm going to make a thread announcing your grades. Just trying to help out.
Reply 6
Original post by Vyres
Well why don't you just private message me the marks you got, and I can simply provide you with whatever further information you need in minutes. It's not a big deal, it's not like I'm going to make a thread announcing your grades. Just trying to help out.

I wasn't trying to imply that you were going to go spill them to everyone, truth is they're not my grades, they're my best friend's, so I'm not really in a place to go around handing them out
Reply 7
Original post by FredTA
I wasn't trying to imply that you were going to go spill them to everyone, truth is they're not my grades, they're my best friend's, so I'm not really in a place to go around handing them out

I really don't understand how you want somebody to help you then... This process can take like 5 minutes, it's not like you have to tell me your friends name or anything...
Reply 8
Original post by Vyres
I really don't understand how you want somebody to help you then... This process can take like 5 minutes, it's not like you have to tell me your friends name or anything...

Alright, sent you a pm
Reply 9
Original post by FredTA
Alright, sent you a pm

Sent you one back.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest