University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Original post by Applescruff
Hi guys thought I'd come and say hello to people before we actually start 😊😊

Am going to be studying biochemistry and living in Burbage in Endcliffe :smile:

Anybody else??

Hey, I'm also studying biochemistry! I'm living in froggatt :smile:
Reply 62
German and Hispanic Studies here, I'm in St George's Flats, can't find anyone ;_;
Reply 63
Original post by CalistaJupiter
It will say what apartment on your contract :smile: either above or below where it says "froggatt apartments" there will be a number and a letter (eg mine is H5)

I'm in H5 Froggatt too!
Hey, I'm also studying biochemistry! I'm living in froggatt :smile:

Hi!! You're the first biochemist that I've found so far :smile: It'll be nice to actually know somebody before we arrive!!

And ooh Froggatt that's in Endcliffe right??
Original post by Hette_
I'm in H5 Froggatt too!

Omg, guess we're flatmates! What room are you? I'm 6 :smile:
Hi!! You're the first biochemist that I've found so far :smile: It'll be nice to actually know somebody before we arrive!!

And ooh Froggatt that's in Endcliffe right??

I know, you're the first biochemist for me too! And yeah froggatt is in the centre of endcliffe, so I'll probably see you around when we move in :smile: is your arrival date the 18th?
I know, you're the first biochemist for me too! And yeah froggatt is in the centre of endcliffe, so I'll probably see you around when we move in :smile: is your arrival date the 18th?

Sheffield is so good for biochemistry I'm a little surprised there aren't more of us on tsr! Not to mention the Firth Hall building is gorgeous. And wow that's a perfect location it'll be so sociable :smile: And yep the 18th - I guess I'll be seeing you there 😊
Haha I don't have Facebook sorry :smile:

If you don't have Facebook account I'd really suggest making an account now.

You don't have to use it properly or post anything, but it will be invaluable for keeping up with coursemates, flatmates, events at the uni as well as interesting things that your department posts if they have a facebook page. You'll be able to find your flatmates and talk to them in advance a little bit so things will be a little less awkward on move in day, and you can organise tickets for you all to get for freshers. :smile:
Reply 69
Omg, guess we're flatmates! What room are you? I'm 6 :smile:

You're the first one I've found! I'm room 1 :smile:
Original post by Hette_
You're the first one I've found! I'm room 1 :smile:

Yeah you're the first one I've found too! But I've heard froggatt is one of the bigger ones with 10 people per flat in some, so guessing the other rooms haven't been allocated yet :smile: what course are you doing? :smile:
Sheffield is so good for biochemistry I'm a little surprised there aren't more of us on tsr! Not to mention the Firth Hall building is gorgeous. And wow that's a perfect location it'll be so sociable :smile: And yep the 18th - I guess I'll be seeing you there 😊

Yeah, I feel like we bagged the best building, it's so nice :biggrin: and tbh there aren't that many sheffield freshers in general on tsr this year so I'm really surprised I've found another biochemist! And yeah, I'll probably see you there, so glad I got endcliffe because everyone says it's the best haha
Original post by pizzanomics
If you don't have Facebook account I'd really suggest making an account now.

You don't have to use it properly or post anything, but it will be invaluable for keeping up with coursemates, flatmates, events at the uni as well as interesting things that your department posts if they have a facebook page. You'll be able to find your flatmates and talk to them in advance a little bit so things will be a little less awkward on move in day, and you can organise tickets for you all to get for freshers. :smile:

Yeah that's a good point, I may make one, it would be useful for booking events but there aren't even that many to book anyway when I've looked
It will say what apartment on your contract :smile: either above or below where it says "froggatt apartments" there will be a number and a letter (eg mine is H5)

Ah thank you :biggrin: I'm in B6
Hi
Do you know when I will find out which accommodation I have been allocated?
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 75
Yeah you're the first one I've found too! But I've heard froggatt is one of the bigger ones with 10 people per flat in some, so guessing the other rooms haven't been allocated yet :smile: what course are you doing? :smile:

Didn't realise they were the bigger ones, that'll be interesting :smile:I'm doing General Engineering, you're doing biochemistry right? Have you booked any freshens events yet?
Original post by Hette_
Didn't realise they were the bigger ones, that'll be interesting :smile:I'm doing General Engineering, you're doing biochemistry right? Have you booked any freshens events yet?

Oh that's awesome, and yeah I'm doing biochem :smile: and yeah our huge flat is going to be a laugh :biggrin:
I haven't booked any yet because people say to organise it with flatmates so you end up going to the same ones but I doubt I'll find anyone but you haha it's too hard to find :colondollar: there are a few that I like the look of though, have you seen any you might book?
Reply 77
Oh that's awesome, and yeah I'm doing biochem :smile: and yeah our huge flat is going to be a laugh :biggrin:
I haven't booked any yet because people say to organise it with flatmates so you end up going to the same ones but I doubt I'll find anyone but you haha it's too hard to find :colondollar: there are a few that I like the look of though, have you seen any you might book?

Gonna have some good flat parties :biggrin:
I haven't yet either, but I was thinking about going to either ice breakers or the Thai beach party, ROAR, Freshers take over with Greg James and the Frat Party :colondollar: those are the ones I like the look of
Original post by Hette_
Gonna have some good flat parties :biggrin:
I haven't yet either, but I was thinking about going to either ice breakers or the Thai beach party, ROAR, Freshers take over with Greg James and the Frat Party :colondollar: those are the ones I like the look of

Yeah I completely agree, the best ones look like ROAR, frat party and Greg James to me. I like the look of the Thai beach one but it's the first night so I wasn't sure if people would just e going to the edge or a flat party or something and I haven't seen the ice breakers, I'll have a look :smile:
Reply 79
Yeah I completely agree, the best ones look like ROAR, frat party and Greg James to me. I like the look of the Thai beach one but it's the first night so I wasn't sure if people would just e going to the edge or a flat party or something and I haven't seen the ice breakers, I'll have a look :smile:

I wasn't sure about the first night either, but it looks like quite a few people are thinking about going out on the chats I'm in. Maybe we should wait with that till we find more flatmates? Unless you like the look of ice breakers, I think those tickets sell out fast!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending