The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

I have a question. Say you clear the first round and are invited to a phone interview, would you be invited to the next round based on your performance just during that interview or will they look at your CV, CL, tests etc. again?
Are you guys applying to the big four as well? If so, for audit or transaction advisory services/corporate finance?
Original post by Princepieman
No, they definitely take on SAs. Apply via Freshminds

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I did that, but only graduate scheme was open, SA choice wasn't available.
Original post by torres657
Yeah, I did that, but only graduate scheme was open, SA choice wasn't available.

Not open yet then

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 804
Original post by InvestMD
Is this question a joke?

You haven't achieved anything if you haven't graduated yet...there are no half-way prizes.

I thought it referred to the grades we were getting currently when it said achieved. Sorry!
Original post by vader9280
I have a question. Say you clear the first round and are invited to a phone interview, would you be invited to the next round based on your performance just during that interview or will they look at your CV, CL, tests etc. again?

why would it matter? Its different at different banks, some take the entire application into account some just the interview performance
does anyone else think deutsche banks application and website takes the proverbial p iss? they're in free fall you'd at least think they'd make it easier for people to apply
Hey guys,

Is there a thread for 2017 graduate applications/consulting applications?

Thanks
Original post by ryanboi
Hey guys,

Is there a thread for 2017 graduate applications/consulting applications?

Thanks

Nah, but feel free to make one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Nah, but feel free to make one

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I was planning to but want to make sure there isn't a duplicate thread out there.

Please find the link below to the 2017 Consulting summer internships/Graduate scheme:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4271366
Reply 810
Does anyone have the WSO technical guide or the BIWS technical guide? WSO only sells stupid and useless bundles and I can't seem to purchase just the guide
Reply 811
Rejected from Lazard after SJT :frown:
Don't really see how an SJT is a good judge of fit...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dasu95

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not but it's a great way to filter applications...
Original post by dasu95

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bad luck man. Do you think there was a screening beforehand or did it come through straight away?
That Deutsche Bank application was loooong haha.
Original post by dasu95

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah unlucky man, we all know the tests are BS
Anyone has the CS HR London address for technical issues? Would be much appreciated

I also heard that GS sent out the video interview. Anyone here?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by daksosodak
Anyone has the CS HR London address for technical issues? Would be much appreciated

I also heard that GS sent out the video interview. Anyone here?

Would also be greatful fot the HR address. Have not been invited for online tests.
Reply 818
Hi everyone, I'm finishing my masters in 2017 and just finished a placement year in a big french bank in Paris (in IB though in in M&A but in Financing). I believe I have enough experience to go for graduate/FT programs (IBD in London), but I spoke with some analysts/associates in BBs and they all told me that 99.9% of FT hires are coming from summer programs. I can extend my masters till 2018, so it's not a problem to put in CV that i'm a penultimate year student, but I don't want to graduate that late (my MSc will take me 4 years then!).

Do you think it's a good idea to go straight for FT despite having 0.01% chance (or maybe you know some BB that are actually hiring from the street), or still better go for summer and then count on early placement?

Thanks!
Reply 819
Does anybody know will final year under grad students applying for SI with Credit Suisse be considered? Just wondering where CS stand on this as some banks are ok with it even though they state penultimate students only.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending