The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Out of all the little anxious feelings I got at the start of every exam, all together they don't even come close as to how anxious I'm feeling for results :s-smilie:
Original post by Hey It's Cerian
That's weird. Funny thing is though, there's apparently a new grading system is 3 years time where exams will be graded from 9-1 (with 9 being the equivilant to an A*, etc.). I also had a similar dream myself, where I had 2 A*s and 4 B's in my modulars (I've just finished Year 10). I was so happy until I woke up and realised it was just a dream. :no:

Good luck for Thursday, by the way. I'm sure you will get those A*s.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!! Dreams about exams/results day feel so real it's strange
Original post by isabella1999
Good luck everyone! If any of you have any questions about a levels in general and sixth form you can ask, just finished my first year of a levels :smile: and don't worry too much about GCSEs: for most people they are not very important unless you are going for Oxbridge or medicine, for everyone else a levels are much more important GCSE not so much :smile:

What a levels are you doing?
This time last year, I got my own results yesterday.
Calm your nerves, and relax.
Enjoy some movies.
GCSEs are not the end of the world.
For many of you, your grades will be better than you think.

If you put enough effort in, you will definitely see the results.
Examiners see that in the answers you put in the paper :smile:
Everyone is doing this so I thought I'd join in; this thread is calming me down and making me feel like I'm not the only one who is having sleepless nights over this 😂 Anyway, these are the grades I am predicted/what I think I will get:

English Language A*/A
English Literature A*/A
Maths B/C or D. I hope C (lol)
RS A/B
Additional science A/B
Textiles A/B
ICT A/B
Drama B/B
DT A*/A

I probably forgot a few but whatever. I did core science and LFL last year and got two B's which I wasn't too happy with. I'm most worried about that feeling of disappointment on Thursday again 😔 I am being a bit pessimistic about some of these but I like to expect the worst so then I can't disappoint myself too badly😂
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by nwmyname
This time last year, I got my own results yesterday.
Calm your nerves, and relax.
Enjoy some movies.
GCSEs are not the end of the world.
For many of you, your grades will be better than you think.

If you put enough effort in, you will definitely see the results.
Examiners see that in the answers you put in the paper :smile:

Thanks for the reassuring words. I've been really anxious about my maths results but I know I did my best and I worked hard. You've been very helpful on this thread:smile:
Anyone else here work their arses off and then get disappointed with B's. I know I will have got B's, and most likely C's, and I will be gutted!

Posted from TSR Mobile
The grades that I want to get are:
English language: A*
Maths:A*
Physics- A/A*
Chemistry- A*
Biology - A*
RE- A*
Business Studies - A
Spanish - A*
Geography-A*
English Lit -A ( Achieved it last year)

Hopefully I get it! I've been aiming for 8 A*'s and 2 A's. If not then 7 A*'s and 3 A's.
2 days left till Results day...
1 day left till GBs released...
2 days to go!!
Reply 2810
Keep having weird dreams about results don't know why

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by daniella.14
Thanks for the reassuring words. I've been really anxious about my maths results but I know I did my best and I worked hard. You've been very helpful on this thread:smile:

not going to lie, I wish someone was there for me doing my GCSEs to comfort me.
At least if you didn't get the chance, I think of giving it to other people.
Even though my GCSEs were good, I still wish someone gave me that level of reassurance.

Still tho, you will have done very well.
It's always the case - if you did all you could then you'll have done the best. :smile:
Applies also to A-level and life.
Examiners will definitely see that in your papers and give you the marks you deserve.
I know that because my teachers were examiners and they said the same things I am telling you

:smile:
Reply 2812
Original post by MBK14

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same! It's so weird. I dreamt last night that I got A* in Geography when in reality I've got a lot lower.
2 days, such a long wait, but it felt like last week was yesterday

Posted from TSR Mobile
1 day for grade boundaries release
2 days for results

Not long to go but last two days are being dragged :frown:
Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster in the hopes that yall can calm my nerves. Thing is, being asian and having lots of asian friends means that all day every day for the past month this has been the only point of discussion between both friends and family (not saying other ethnicities arent pressured, im sure they are, but in my experience the more severe pressure is from asian households). The past week has been the most rough, with it getting to the point where i walked out of the gym because i couldnt stop thinking about results day. My biggest fear is obviously failure, and the repurcussions with university of GCSEs. I am planning to do economics at an rg uni, but with bad results, that maybe over. But anyway, hows everyone else coping?
@CR7_ - I had a dream I got A* in History..well, in the dream...my ex-English teacher was carrying a red exercise book like students are given in schools to write class notes in and it was my History notebook and it had my name and a * by it and an A...
oh, technically...
tomorrow is the day before results day
*lowkey freaks out*

I have to start prepping what I'm going to wear + bring
I already have the whole day planned out: wake up at 7, get ready, head out at 9, meet my friends half an hour earlier to discuss and stay calm, collect them then go back home do a skype chat with my brother and then go to college for enrolment at 3pm
suddenly it's so close nooo

I'm more nervous about some examiner marking my papers wrong than I am about whether I got my grades bc I know I definetly have what I need for life

in the meantime I'm going to do things that make me happy, and I suggest you try this too: have a healthy breakfast (or not healthy if it makes if that's your thing) talk to friends, play video games, draw some more ect
Original post by nin-kaii
oh, technically...
tomorrow is the day before results day
*lowkey freaks out*

I have to start prepping what I'm going to wear + bring
I already have the whole day planned out: wake up at 7, get ready, head out at 9, meet my friends half an hour earlier to discuss and stay calm, collect them then go back home do a skype chat with my brother and then go to college for enrolment at 3pm
suddenly it's so close nooo

I'm more nervous about some examiner marking my papers wrong than I am about whether I got my grades bc I know I definetly have what I need for life

in the meantime I'm going to do things that make me happy, and I suggest you try this too: have a healthy breakfast (or not healthy if it makes if that's your thing) talk to friends, play video games, draw some more ect

Same! I'm much more worried about wether they are marking it right... I want to watch them mark it that's how worried I am. Don't worry you will do great!!! Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MBK14

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha same, I fail maths every time.............................

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest