The Student Room Group

I have an addiction to eating skin... Am I a Weirdo??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
This would make a good Criminal Minds plot.
To be honest, I actually know someone who eats skin (like dead pieces of skin from their body) and the area on their body is rough and calloused. It is a terrible thing to have to experience and I suggest you continue going to your psychologist and seek professional help/advice. It's likely a part of OCD.
Original post by UWS
This would make a good Criminal Minds plot.

omg SPENCER REID!!!!!!
@IdeasForLife TSR in a nutshell
Reply 24
I thought you were about to talk about biting nails and the skin around the nail. That is actually a not too uncommon disorder.

But this, is just crazy.
This is so original, 10/10 OP
omg you put your friends skin in your pocket? I'm dying 😹😹.
But no in all seriousness go to your GP about this, this is actually a condition that can be treated with therapy or getting in touch with a mental health charity who'll know how to wean you off the skin
Original post by Humanferbie
Ok, please don't judge me for this. Ever since I was a kid I always had a strange obsession with tasting everything I could. I put everything in my mouth...Rocks, mud, flowers, toys, glass and toys. But above all, my favourite has always been skin. I don't just mean flakes, I mean small strips of skin. The bad thing is that I like my own the most, and sometimes cut a thin strip of skin from one of my extremities and place it on my tongue to savour the taste. One time my friend was sunburnt and when his skin was peeling after the initial burn, I peeled some from his back and put it in my pocket to try later, under the guise of doing it for fun.
It's gotten out of hand, and I have jars of my own skin under my bed in an attempt to mature them and produce a variety of flavours. I've been seeing a psychologist about this and i am understanding the underlying roots of this behaviour but I want to get a genuine public view of this.

Ok... What?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending