The Student Room Group

Muslims "in the crosshairs of bigotry"

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alevelstresss
You said "So you can basically rape nonbelievers" based on a passage in the Quran, which in any way you want to pretend you viewed it, means you think the Quran condones rape.

But go ahead and call me an apologist if it reinforces your crumbling argument.
I never mentioned raping unbelievers : most likely, you are confusing me with QE2

you sound like a very confused person : why don't you read the posts you are answering ?

best
Original post by mariachi
I never mentioned raping unbelievers : most likely, you are confusing me with QE2

you sound like a very confused person : why don't you read the posts you are answering ?

best

I blocked QE2, and I am very tempted to block you as well tbh, you are fully aware of the unnecessary, immature smears you are placing on me, while also plainly denying what you said about 5 replies back.
I blocked QE2, and I am very tempted to block you as well tbh, you are fully aware of the unnecessary, immature smears you are placing on me, while also plainly denying what you said about 5 replies back.
please, show me where I mentioned "raping unbelievers", or apologize

as to blocking me, go ahead : you can also put your hands on your ears and shout : "la la la, can't hear you"

best
please, show me where I mentioned "raping unbelievers", or apologize

as to blocking me, go ahead : you can also put your hands on your ears and shout : "la la la, can't hear you"

best

I've been listening to your BS and smears for longer than you deserve.

And you said, as I said VERY clearly, "So you can basically rape non-believers"

And you said, as I said VERY clearly, "So you can basically rape non-believers"
OK

so, you are just making absurd claims and, when challenged, refuse to produce proof

and you have also the gall to accuse other posters of "smearing you"

not a bad performance : congrats

best
OK

so, you are just making absurd claims and, when challenged, refuse to produce proof

and you have also the gall to accuse other posters of "smearing you"

not a bad performance : congrats

best

I proved it, you deny it. That is a closer story to the truth.
I proved it, you deny it. That is a closer story to the truth.
you seem to have some problems with reality : it is not an uncommon situation

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4255562&page=18&p=67138496#post67138496
You said "So you can basically rape nonbelievers" based on a passage in the Quran

now : quote my post where I said that the Quran allows raping nonbelievers, or shut up

or (better still) apologise

best
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 347

Are you trolling?
Original post by QE2
They may not openly treat gay people differently, but personally they think that they do not deserve the same treatment as straight couples. Therefore they do treat them differently.

A racist who does not make racist comments or racist attacks is still a racist if they believe that people should be judged by their race or colour rather that personal attributes.

No, they just view marriage as a religious thing, as many other people do. Others, like me, don’t.
Reply 349
Original post by ad98
so in your opinion most attacks in the world are committed by muslims?
The majority of people killed by terrorism are the victims of Islamist extremists.

And the vast majority of these attacks occur in Muslim majority countries.
The biggest perpetarators of terrorism are Muslims, and the biggest victims are Muslims.
Ideological sectarianism always seems to bring out the worst in people - especially if that ideology explicitly condones the use of violence against out-groups.
There was a 326% increase in anti-muslim hate crimes in 2015 alone (source), and promoting this "us vs them" mentality makes the (ostensible) lack of integration worse, not better.

It's really disturbing how muslims (as a homogenous group) are treated as fair game for many people, this can be seen even in mainstream discourse. Worrying.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-37079910

According to the New York mayor, in response to the shooting of two Muslims outside a mosque. I think he is absolutely right, we cannot let ourselves collectively incriminate all Muslims for the actions of the few.

You have to take into account considerations. First, it is of course vile to discriminate or abuse someone simply because they are a Muslim.

Second, it's not a coincidence that all the scrutiny is on Muslims. It's not a coincidence that Hindus, Sikhs and Jews aren't facing this sort of backlash.

The problem is that easily a majority of Muslims in the West buy into the victimhood mentality, that they are mealy-mouthed when it comes to condemning terrorism, and they are unwiling to consider how the fundamental tenets of their religion contribute to why there are more British Muslims in the military of ISIS than in the military of the United Kingdom.
so why is this violence borderline non-existent in the highest population Muslim regions, and specific to the deprived, corrupt, desert regions which have had violent regimes such as Assad?

the cause is not religion here buddy

What on earth are you talking about? The two "most Islamic" countries for their respective branch of Islam, Saudi Arabia and Iran, both murder homosexuals and apostates. Homosexuality is a crime under the Assad government, and even before the civil war they faced oppression, sexual abuse and honour killings.

To claim this stuff is non-existent in "highest population Muslim regions" is laughable, so much so that you are either completely deluded or incredibly ignorant of the Middle East
Original post by lawyer3c
There was a 326% increase in anti-muslim hate crimes in 2015 alone (source), and promoting this "us vs them" mentality makes the (ostensible) lack of integration worse, not better.

It's really disturbing how muslims (as a homogenous group) are treated as fair game for many people, this can be seen even in mainstream discourse. Worrying.

The putative 326% increase was merely what was claimed by "Tell Mama", an organisation dedicated to stamping out "Islmamophobia".

They also have a tendency to label events as Islamophobic that are either legitimate criticism of Islam, or which they supposedly claim have "nothing to do with Islam" (i.e. condemning terrorism)
Reply 354
Original post by ad98
but you did *literally* say that. your entire argument is founded on baseless facts, therefore completely degrading your argument that the majority of muslims are intolerant close-minded bigots. if you want to have a mature and frank discussion be honest, you won't get anywhere with spewing bs.
Any survey has a built-in confidence level and margin of error. Even if the results say 100%, the actual figure would usually be in a range from 93% - 100%.

I think it entirely reasonable to accept that 93% of Muslims worldwide think homosexuality is wrong, even taking your claims about LGBT Muslims into account.
On a logical point, there is no reason why a gay Muslim must necessarily approve of homosexuality. There are many people who do things despite thinking that it is wrong. Remember that homosexuality is not something you choose to do, it is something that you are. There are regularly tragic cases of people (even outside an inherantly homophobic environment like Islam) who take their own lives because of the struggle between the internal and external.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by AlexanderHam
The putative 326% increase was merely what was claimed by "Tell Mama", an organisation dedicated to stamping out "Islmamophobia".

Do you have a better source?

The ADL is an organisation dedicated to fighting anti-Semitism, do you inherently doubt their statistics on the prevalence of anti-Semitism on that basis also?

They also have a tendency to label events as Islamophobic that are either legitimate criticism of Islam, or which they supposedly claim have "nothing to do with Islam" (i.e. condemning terrorism)

Source?
Reply 356
Original post by ad98
therefore completely degrading your argument that the majority of muslims are intolerant close-minded bigots.
I would certainly reject that the majority of Muslims are "close-minded bigots", but the majority certainly hold some close-minded, bigoted views.
Original post by lawyer3c
Do you have a better source?

What do you mean do I have a better source? The fact that the 326% figure comes from Tell Mama, and that they are an organisation whose raison d'etre is to stamp out "Islamophobia", is surely not something you dispute?

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/jun/29/incidents-of-anti-muslim-abuse-up-by-326-in-2015-says-tell-mama

The ADL is an organisation dedicated to fighting anti-Semitism, do you inherently doubt their statistics on the prevalence of anti-Semitism on that basis also?

Actually yes. The ADL (an American organisation, in case you didn't realise) has a tendency to go overboard. On the other hand, the Board of Deputies of British Jewry and Community Security Trust are very respectable organisations who publish the underlying data for their claims, and the particular criteria by which they classify attacks or abuse. Tell Mama is much more opaque
Original post by AlexanderHam
What on earth are you talking about? The two "most Islamic" countries for their respective branch of Islam, Saudi Arabia and Iran, both murder homosexuals and apostates. Homosexuality is a crime under the Assad government, and even before the civil war they faced oppression, sexual abuse and honour killings.

To claim this stuff is non-existent in "highest population Muslim regions" is laughable, so much so that you are either completely deluded or incredibly ignorant of the Middle East

I think you'll find that Indonesia, Pakistan, India, Bangladesh are the highest population Muslim countries. In Indonesia, terrorism is very low, we've had one small, failed attack there in the last year. How many do you think have been in Iraq?
Reply 359

best
I did not say that either. Every statement I make is very carefully worded so as to be entirely supportable by scripture. I only say that Islam permits using captives for sex. And that under international legal consensus, using captives for sex is rape. Therefore, in context, Islam permits rape (under certain circumstances).

I have noticed @alevelstresss using made-up quotes before.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending