The Student Room Group

Nine refugees accused of Austria gang rape, stoking election fears

Scroll to see replies

Original post by generallee
So says the spoilt rich kid whose school sent him on a trip to the foothills of the Himalayas!

You have no idea about how those "left behind" by globalisation (in the patronising middle class lefty jargon) feel. None at all.

But one thing is for sure, they are better placed to make their own political decisions than you are for them.

Hahahaha I'm not rich, £2500 for that trip I went on is not much at all, especially when I got a £1000 bursary for this trip because I study physics.

And I have a very good idea of those left behind, I've been to parts of the world where they are basically living in 1000 AD, with the occasional smartphone or other aspects of western technology. I've been to places so far from society that people like you would wonder how they live, I know what it means to be left behind in this aspect.
A lot of them act entitled as hell for asylum seekers don't you think?
Original post by Wōden
So now that the problem is spread across many European countries, instead of in just one or two where it could have been more easily managed, that's somehow better?

it will dilute the issue so rather than saying look this one country had 1000 incidents now they can say they only had 100 (ignoring of course the 9 other countries that also had 100 incidents)
Original post by alevelstresss
Hahahaha I'm not rich, £2500 for that trip I went on is not much at all, especially when I got a £1000 bursary for this trip because I study physics.

And I have a very good idea of those left behind, I've been to parts of the world where they are basically living in 1000 AD, with the occasional smartphone or other aspects of western technology. I've been to places so far from society that people like you would wonder how they live, I know what it means to be left behind in this aspect.

Hmm, a £1000 bursary?

Maybe your average bog standard Comp hands those out for "studying physics" to the children of the great unwashed, but it does seem somewhat unlikely...

So now we seem to have a privileged lefty Public Schoolboy lecturing the white working class in Burnley and Bradford how to vote? :biggrin:

I knew the Labour Party was in trouble but I didn't realise QUITE how bad it had got.

Tell me, do you go canvassing around the council estates? That would be fun to watch. :smile:
Original post by Mathemagicien
after news websites in Austria reported that some readers went so far as to demand that the refugees be “immediately deported” if they are convicted of the rape.

100%. If you cannot abide by the laws of the country that took you in, you should not be allowed to live there.

Please, for the safety of ALL people, do "immediately deport" them.
Original post by generallee
Hmm, a £1000 bursary?

Maybe your average bog standard Comp hands those out for "studying physics" to the children of the great unwashed, but it does seem somewhat unlikely...

So now we seem to have a privileged lefty Public Schoolboy lecturing the white working class in Burnley and Bradford how to vote? :biggrin:

I knew the Labour Party was in trouble but I didn't realise QUITE how bad it had got.

Tell me, do you go canvassing around the council estates? That would be fun to watch. :smile:

Lol do you want proof? I could send you the cropped section of my sixth form's newsletter which said that anyone studying physics at A2, AS or GCSE would get £1000 off the price. Look up Ogden Trust. http://www.ogdentrust.com/about-us/news/post/863-ogden-sponsored-student-returns-from-arctic-expedition

Are you going to accept this or continue being a denialist?

And I don't go to a public school. I go to a state school.

But whatever you think I am, being 'lefty' is better than being a far-right sympathiser who wastes a protest vote on UKIP because of their petty life problems.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by inhuman
Yes, it is a terrible indictment.

But it is nevertheless true.

The last elections I did not vote because there was not a single party that I could say "overall they are doing good things". This is still the case, but a big problem has arisen and well there is one party that wants to tackle it...what am I supposed to do? If anything, my vote this time could be a wake up call to the mainstream parties.

It's not that I am against helping refugees. It's that a million in 2015 was just way too much. It's that we can't tiptoe around issues and must make sure they integrate or send them back. But all mainstream parties are way too PC. It's a big problem.

Exactly - I've been a staunch UKIP supporter for years but unless they move even further to the right then it'll likely be Britain First for me at the next election.
Original post by alevelstresss
But whatever you think I am, being 'lefty' is better than being a far-right sympathiser who wastes a protest vote on UKIP because of their petty life problems.

How?
Original post by Aceadria
How?

because UKIP's policies are a joke, generally

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending