The Student Room Group

About to be a third year law student - AMA

Fire away :smile:
Is year one or two better?
Do you have a training contract lined up (providing you want to pursue a career in law) and if not, are you planning on applying to a lot of grad schemes this year?
Original post by ItsJustMe17
Fire away :smile:

Hello :smile:

What is the biggest 'life lesson' you've learnt during university?

:biggrin:
Original post by Tiger Rag
Is year one or two better?

Year one content was more interesting, but second year was better. Better because I got to live with my friends and I finally got the hang of things (e.g what study habits work for me, where everything's, established friends, revision techniques, etc). :smile:
Original post by neal95
Do you have a training contract lined up (providing you want to pursue a career in law) and if not, are you planning on applying to a lot of grad schemes this year?

No TC as of yet; I honestly underestimated how competitive it really is. I've managed to get to interview stages but no luck past that yet. So yeah I'm still going to apply to a lot of grad schemes, but now I'm not just considering straight law but other areas too (e.g. Finance, business, etc sort of areas).
Original post by JustGeorgeJ
Hello :smile:

What is the biggest 'life lesson' you've learnt during university?

:biggrin:

That not everyone is a friend for life just because you've been friends for ages. I genuinely thought that some people from home I would be friends with when I was back but it just hasn't worked out that way (e.g. Uni has meant me and my best friend of 13+ years have grown apart). So what I'm really saying is years don't determine who is a better/true friend. There's friends I've made at uni that I feel will be in it for the long haul despite only knowing them for 2 years now.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending