The Student Room Group

Should I resit?

Hiya, I achieved graded BCC at A level which was beyond disappointing, I applied to the university of Liverpool and needed grades ABB, I did have personal circumstances for reasons why I didn't get my results and after explaining this to the university of law got myself a place through clearing, however, I'm really unsure as nobody seems to know a lot about the uni and know that if it wasn't for the circumstances I could have got the grades and got in to a Russell group uni. What should I do? Is it worth resisting the A2 year or just taking the offer from the uni of law?
Original post by Kateexxx
Hiya, I achieved graded BCC at A level which was beyond disappointing, I applied to the university of Liverpool and needed grades ABB, I did have personal circumstances for reasons why I didn't get my results and after explaining this to the university of law got myself a place through clearing, however, I'm really unsure as nobody seems to know a lot about the uni and know that if it wasn't for the circumstances I could have got the grades and got in to a Russell group uni. What should I do? Is it worth resisting the A2 year or just taking the offer from the uni of law?

Im a fan of resitting. The uni of law is ex college of law, whcih is fine, but your uni experience will be better if you go to a full uni with facilities and people studying subjects other than law. Its only a year plys you believe you cna do much better.

Did you apply for special circs as your a levels were being marked?

It should be straightforward to lift yourself a grade in each for a year
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Im a fan of resitting. The uni of law is ex college of law, whcih is fine, but your uni experience will be better if you go to a full uni with facilities and people studying subjects other than law. Its only a year plys you believe you cna do much better.

Did you apply for special circs as your a levels were being marked?

It should be straightforward to lift yourself a grade in each for a year

I know I've heard it's good to do the LPC but not so admired for the LLB which is concerning :frown: and not for my coursework, i applied too late sadly, and I definitely do, if I knew what the reputation for the UoL was then I'd consider it but as I don't know anybody who's studied there I'm unsure :/
Original post by Kateexxx
I know I've heard it's good to do the LPC but not so admired for the LLB which is concerning :frown: and not for my coursework, i applied too late sadly, and I definitely do, if I knew what the reputation for the UoL was then I'd consider it but as I don't know anybody who's studied there I'm unsure :/

Where is the campus Katie?

In the old days the only place you could do the vocational qualification was at the College of Law, which was run by the Law Society. As time passed BCC came along bit they were mostly London and Unis started to do the LPC.
CoL was sold , went pruvate and became UoL. For teaching law they will be perfectly fine, but as far as I know thats all they teach. A uni teaches a varierty of subjects and has more facilities. I wouldnt want 4 years being surrounded by just lawyers plus its dull being in the same place for all that time. So my point is about the uni experience. You also want to show you can get the better grades.

Its only a year, just resit them.

Maybe post in the law section.

Quick Reply

Latest