The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Opinions on Meteorology Course at Reading Uni

Anyone have opinions on the Meteorology courses at Reading Uni or surrounding subjects?
having been to the open day and numerous public lectures at the uni, AND visited all other universities that offer it, I'm now starting a meteorology course at Reading next month, so I can highly recommend.
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Original post by BenSainsbury
Anyone have opinions on the Meteorology courses at Reading Uni or surrounding subjects?

Hi BenSainsbury,

I have several friends that do Meteorology and Climate and throughly enjoy their programme describing it as "very dynamic" and "intellectually stimulating". At Reading we work closely with the Met Office and have our own weather station on campus as well, so contemporary research to the world's most pressing matters when it comes to climate change is at the forefront to what the lecturers are currently involved with and teaching to it's students.

It's worth looking at the programme specification and module specs which can be available at [Subject to change depending on year of entry]:
http://www.reading.ac.uk/progspecs/pdf15/UFMETCLI15.pdf
module specification in system analysis and design

I hope this helps and if you have any further questions please feel free to get in touch :smile:

Mark
2nd Year Accounting and Management
Original post by UniofReading
Hi BenSainsbury,

I have several friends that do Meteorology and Climate and throughly enjoy their programme describing it as "very dynamic" and "intellectually stimulating". At Reading we work closely with the Met Office and have our own weather station on campus as well, so contemporary research to the world's most pressing matters when it comes to climate change is at the forefront to what the lecturers are currently involved with and teaching to it's students.

It's worth looking at the programme specification and module specs which can be available at [Subject to change depending on year of entry]:
http://www.reading.ac.uk/progspecs/pdf15/UFMETCLI15.pdf
module specification in system analysis and design

I hope this helps and if you have any further questions please feel free to get in touch :smile:

Mark

Thank you I very much appreciate your time to share this information with me, I'm so excited as I feel this course would be perfect for me! Thanks!
Original post by BenSainsbury
Thank you I very much appreciate your time to share this information with me, I'm so excited as I feel this course would be perfect for me! Thanks!

No problem look forward to welcoming you to Reading :smile:

Mark

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending