The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kxjzh
Guys...12 hours and grade boundaries are released for some!!!! 😳😳😳

Posted from TSR Mobile

HOLY ****, you're right! Grade Boundaries tomorrow. Okay NOW I'm sh**ing myself. Good luck guys, don't die!

Original post by usycool1
If you guys stay here when you're awaiting A-Level Results, it's even busier :tongue:

Hey, this place is gonna be my go-to all year around when I do my A-Levels. Now I remember, enrolment Friday :c
(edited 7 years ago)
Which boards reveal their grade boundaries at midnight?
I've tweeted edexcel, OCR and AQA asking

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kxjzh
I've tweeted edexcel, OCR and AQA asking

Posted from TSR Mobile

Let us know what they say!
Reply 2924
Do AQA release grade boundaries at midnight?
Original post by CR7_
Do AQA release grade boundaries at midnight?

Nope 8am
Original post by isabella1999
Hmm... It is a lot of case studies which you need to know factual information for (dates, number of participants, the results etc) so make sure you're up for that. Also, make the notes during the year or at least at the end of each unit as if you leave it all you will have literally mountains to do and will never remember it in time!

Honestly it was not what I thought it was going to be, it was so much research scientific method some parts just reminded me of GCSE ISA's which I hated, which is why I am dropping it I think (only just got an A, thank GOD there is no more UMS!) If you like that kind of thing, go for it.

Ok thanks
I'm absolutely petrIFIED
Original post by sahil19
Which boards reveal their grade boundaries at midnight?

Edexcel, OCR and WJEC all typically release boundaries at or around midnight. AQA post in the morning around 8am.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm already feeling sick thinking about results day, I've no idea what I will do on the day.
Btw what college or sixth form are you all planning to go to
Can you even predict what you've got in English using grade boundaries?? That's what annoys me the most about English, there's no right or wrong answer and it depends on the examiner you get whether you get the marks or not😩
Original post by TheAnon121
Edexcel, OCR and WJEC all typically release boundaries at or around midnight. AQA post in the morning around 8am.

Posted from TSR Mobile
majority of us are just excited to know what edexcel maths fade boundaries will hit this year. And aqa science too..
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by EmilyTonge
Can you even predict what you've got in English using grade boundaries?? That's what annoys me the most about English, there's no right or wrong answer and it depends on the examiner you get whether you get the marks or not😩

Not possible tbh. I'm absolutely clueless about how I performed in English and history so it will be a surprise for me on Thursday and hopefully a good surprise. And the fact I'm taking it next year as well do my condition will rather be the same :colonhash:
Hopefully the English Literature examiners can see I have a lot of knowledge about Of Mice and Men, Heroes and An Inspector Calls. I messed heroes up, as usual, but I shoved everything I knew about all 3 books into the questions and somehow made it relevant. I just hope I did enough for that A*, otherwise I will be absolutely gutted. You'll see me in the corner of my school crying over getting an A and not an A*😩😂
Hopefully the English Literature examiners can see I have a lot of knowledge about Of Mice and Men, Heroes and An Inspector Calls. I messed heroes up, as usual, but I shoved everything I knew about all 3 books into the questions and somehow made it relevant. I just hope I did enough for that A*, otherwise I will be absolutely gutted. You'll see me in the corner of my school crying over getting an A and not an A*😩😂

I already did my English literature gcse last year and got an A. Good luck to you for that one. Last year aqa examiners for English lit were extremely harsh. All the A grade students ended up with Bs and Cs. Only one girl in the entire year got an A* and that was k my after a remark. How was the literature exams this year?
Original post by Anmol_.
I already did my English literature gcse last year and got an A. Good luck to you for that one. Last year aqa examiners for English lit were extremely harsh. All the A grade students ended up with Bs and Cs. Only one girl in the entire year got an A* and that was k my after a remark. How was the literature exams this year?

Yes I did lit last year and the rest this year. I am predicted 7 A/A*s this year but I got a C in English Literature last year
Original post by AlevelBiologist
Yes I did lit last year and the rest this year. I am predicted 7 A/A*s this year but I got a C in English Literature last year

It's a harshly marked gcse due to the fact it's so subjective. :frown:

The Of Mice and Men questions were hellish, ahaha! I answered the theme question concerning Poverty- hopefully I'll come out with an A*, as I've been getting A*'s consistently.
What did you guys think of edexcel English language and lit exams??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest