The Student Room Group

2017 Investment Banking Graduate scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ay42
Ah! Misread the previous post. Thanks

Worth bearing in mind though that Deutsche Bank will decline your application for a Full-Time role if you have more than 12 months experience since graduation.
Reply 141
Original post by Commercial Paper
Worth bearing in mind though that Deutsche Bank will decline your application for a Full-Time role if you have more than 12 months experience since graduation.

Thanks man. Does this include internships?

Glad I haven't wasted my time on applying then!
Original post by ay42
Thanks man. Does this include internships?

Glad I haven't wasted my time on applying then!

Does not include internships.

Does not apply to internships either but they seem strict on what type of candidate can apply to what internship. Check on their website using the navigation bar, under "Programme Eligibility".

If you have more than 12 months full-time work experience post-graduation (i.e. graduate scheme somewhere else) you should look at 'Experienced Hire' roles which will very likely include some Analyst roles anyway.
(edited 7 years ago)
Hey,

Just wondering if its possible to apply concurrently for both summer internship and grad roles? I'm currently going onto my final year of my studies and I am planning on doing a Masters, but only if I get into my target university. Of course if I got the grad role I would pick if over doing a Masters (probably just come back later to do a MBA afterwards)

But anyway, it it possible to apply for both?

Cheers!
Original post by theolck
Hey,

Just wondering if its possible to apply concurrently for both summer internship and grad roles? I'm currently going onto my final year of my studies and I am planning on doing a Masters, but only if I get into my target university. Of course if I got the grad role I would pick if over doing a Masters (probably just come back later to do a MBA afterwards)

But anyway, it it possible to apply for both?

Cheers!

obvs not at the same bank! just dont mention your master on some applications (FT) and mention masters on some other apps (SA)... simples
Reply 145
Do you think it's worth applying for graduate programs in top BB if I did no summer but placement year in another big bank (2nd tier), and know nobody in the team (i.e. no networking?
Original post by d_cj
Do you think it's worth applying for graduate programs in top BB if I did no summer but placement year in another big bank (2nd tier), and know nobody in the team (i.e. no networking?

Yes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did anyone hear from GS/MS/JPM already? Applied there 2-4 weeks ago and still no response
Reply 148
Original post by frottnex
Did anyone hear from GS/MS/JPM already? Applied there 2-4 weeks ago and still no response

Have not heard anything either...
Reply 149
Does DB have a numerical test? Didn't get one right away, as with other banks.
DB did have one, at least the last couple of years. However, it takes like 2 weeks to get an invitation. They seem to have some pre screening
I just sent off a application for the J.P. Morgan risk management summer analyst scheme. Law is my primary aim but I would like to see where I get with this application even though I am not holding my breath with the amount of choice the bank will have. Nice simple app form at least. They did ask me if I was part of SEO on the form so maybe that will help lol?
Original post by amal90
Does DB have a numerical test? Didn't get one right away, as with other banks.

Just got the invitation, I submitted my application 2 days ago (CIB).
Original post by Arrow92

Same. :biggrin:
Original post by alexjones1994
Same. :biggrin:

this for summer intern, and ur final year right?
Original post by Arrow92

this for SA? And ur final year right?
Original post by sreddy17
this for SA? And ur final year right?

It is for Corporate Finance and I am final year, yes.
Reply 157
Original post by Arrow92
It is for Corporate Finance and I am final year, yes.

Nice, got mine 2 days later as well...
Reply 158
Hey,

I am in my last year at university this October. However, I would rather apply to Summer Analyst roles than Graduate roles. But Credit Suisse for example states that you explicitly have to be in your penultimate year to be eligible for the program. However, if i just write in my cover letter that I am intending to do a masters after my bachelor (although I dont want to), will I be able to apply for the Summer Analyst role?

Thank you
Does UBS just do a numerical? Or do they still do logical as well? Do they send straight after sending application with 48 hours to complete?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest