The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vividly clear
The club is beyond F*cked this year

You'll scrape 4th and Wenger will sign a new contract

Posted from TSR Mobile
Signing a top cb is crucial, perhaps even more so than a striker and I explain why.

We need a mobile and positionally aware CB that allows us to play Ramsey in CM as a B2B midfield advancing ahead of Xhaka. Playing Elneny or Coquelin there is all well and good but it makes that CM too one dimensional, and non threatening, its too defensive against decent teams.

Look at Bayern's CL winning team of 2013. They had enough mobility and quality in CB to not need the rigid CDM player. That is the ideal situation you want to be in. You don't want to be playing rigid CDM that lack attacking qualities to compensate for poor/inexperienced CB's.

Of course, we know that Ozil would be playing in Muller's position as the 10, in between the lines. However, Ramsey should be the one advancing forwards to offer the goal threat that Muller would.

Regarding Giroud? I think he's good enough in our system and offers the team link up play and a fair amount of goals. He is as good as Mandzukic certainly. I don't think the problem is him.

I think the problem is a lack of goalscoring from the whole team. Ramsey needs to score more and here's the big one... Walcott.

Walcott is the player that I would absolutely recommend Wenger gets rid of. AOC and Iwobi should be bench options, not threatening enough.
Put it this way, if we had a great attacking winger on the right, we would not need Bellerin to always provide an overloading option on the wing, he can just focus more on defending and maintaining good positioning. Too many times you see the guy make up for bad positioning by using his speed... that is just gambling. Also, Giroud would offer a good link up with the attacking winger. We know Giroud is not a great goalscorer but he offers much more in the build up play than Theo does.

Theo sometimes scores, but his real lack of technical ability and his lack of consistency really hurts us. He is a speed merchant with little tactical understanding and limited finishing skills.

The good thing is... there are more quality attacking wingers available than there are strikers. We need a monumentally good one, but I think it would change the dimensions of our team completely. A CB also of course.

The frustrating thing is we are so close to becoming a decent team. Mustafi in itself would be a huge step ahead of Mertesacker. Perhaps even Ox would be the winger we need if he hits form. Hence the CB is the most crucial signing.

(edited 7 years ago)
50m for Mustafi and 25m for Evans

The entire footballing world is laughing at you. Anyone with half a brain will hold you to ransom
Reply 9523
Original post by sr90

The entire footballing world is laughing at you. Anyone with half a brain will hold you to ransom

Arsenal won't buy if it is those prices, you're not milking Arsenal for money.

Chelsea on the other hand are in just as bad a defensive crisis as Arsenal and tried to spend £60M on a CB...

We have 5 defenders for 4 positions until Zouma comes back. I'd genuinely prefer Arsenal's defensive crisis to Chelsea's, I've not said that for a long time...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by sr90

It's what Wenger gets for talking so openly about wanting value for money. If he conducted business early we would not be in this situation. There will be no last minute trolley dashing bargains because clubs will know our situation and I don't envisage a burning need from Real or Barca to rid themselves of players on the cheap.

A big club just says to the likes of Lyon "**** you, I will financially bully you" and reap the rewards from results. Not Wenger though, he talks about "net spending".
The Uggs model on the ad on this page is a worldy :love:
lol at going from sky sports talking about mahrez, mustafi, lacazette..

To our top talk being all about Evens..

Wenger.. started the summer so promising, ended exactly the same. Not even disapointed, similar to last year, just dont really care any more.
Original post by leinad2012
Tinpot mentality. "Hope our rivals succeed even though it'll directly hurt us if it means we can get rid of our manager"

Basically like saying you hope your girlfrield cheats on you and starts ****ing a millionaire on the side so she won't keep pestering you for money.

Didn't expect such cuckish behaviour from you atom...

Blud, it's where it's at now fam. Not faith just massive disillusion. **** man ham roll players rejecting us blud. Mustafi or not, we're still finishing 2nd or 3rd.
Not into that hot wife business tbh. I'm just **** the past gimme some e and j and ginger ale whilst I replace them. Cos when it comes to sex I'm similar to thriller in Manila. Then they're all begging for one more chance cos I've got the cleanest meanest prose
(edited 7 years ago)
Fools here. When did ornstein say we were in for Evans. You people think wenger will pay 8 figures for him when he has 600 people to make millionaires?
Original post by atom y humber
Fools here. When did ornstein say we were in for Evans. You people think wenger will pay 8 figures for him when he has 600 people to make millionaires?

Because Wenger loves United reje

Posted from TSR Mobile

599 pal

Original post by swirly
599 pal

Plebs doesn't even know that transfer window closes before he leaves. He's not freeing up any money. Should've resigned with immediate effect. I thought those plebs were hired from a 3rd party and not directly employed by the club.
Original post by sr90
Because Wenger loves United reje

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh but unlike the previouses (**** of autocorrector fool) Evans would actually be a decent addition.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by swirly
599 pal

Because all legit resignation letters are written in Comic Sans.

What absolute ****** has the spare time to write this garbage?
comic sans is for registered sex offenders and closet nonces tbh
Original post by leinad2012
Because all legit resignation letters are written in Comic Sans.

What absolute ****** has the spare time to write this garbage?

Dude working in the Arsenal store was all the dream. He used to read up Arsenal store magazine and gave the big fu to those that called the cops on him after he got his gig.
Plebs doesn't even know that transfer window closes before he leaves. He's not freeing up any money. Should've resigned with immediate effect. I thought those plebs were hired from a 3rd party and not directly employed by the club.

Scenes when the little boy inside of him was saying to work at the Manchester United store
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
comic sans is for registered sex offenders and closet nonces tbh

thoughts on Chip's new fire in the booth?

man cussed out Charlie Sloth in his first line, fat cuck.
x

Just realised your username is the name of Alexis' dogs :lol:

Atom cracks me up

(edited 7 years ago)
Ffs can't be arsed with James. Literally exact same as Ozil; fans angry at a lack of spending and poor early season results, so the club sign a marquee player for big money despite him not being what we need to appease the fans.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Latest