The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anmol_.
Btw what college or sixth form are you all planning to go to

All saints academy Cheltenham sixth form, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anmol_.
majority of us are just excited to know what edexcel maths fade boundaries will hit this year. And aqa science too..

honestly i think the most asked question on this thread has been 'what do you think the grade boundaries for edexcel maths will be'
bit less than 12 hours (hopefully) and we'll find out
ahhh i hope you do okay!!!! i don't take my GCSE's until next year lol but i'm sure you'll have done brilliantly :smile:

Original post by romansholiday
I'm honestly sh*ting myself already, I've flopped my exams so far lol.

What you think you've got:
A string of As and Bs (mostly Bs lol) - I'm really not sure if exams went well or not! :s-smilie:

Predicted grades:
8 As 3 A*s (plz that's definitely not happening lmao, I'll be lucky for a single A*..)

What you've actually got:
:cry2:

How are you feeling about results day?
Not too good, already had nightmares about it :frown:

How are you going to open your results?
As I am casually strolling out of the school - if they're good I'll scream and run back to school, but if they're bad I'm running home byeeeeeee.

What A levels are you doing? (if not what is your alternative)
Biology, Geography and Chemistry OR Psychology.

Are you going to record your GCSE results on YouTube? (If so I can't wait to see it!)
I would LOVE to! I'm a bit camera shy though, and I don't want to come across ungrateful if I don't get the results I want, because everyone has different expectations of themselves...

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE :hoppy:
Original post by Im_trying
All saints academy Cheltenham sixth form, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Either university of Birmingham sixth form if I get my As or Joseph chamberlain
Original post by Vanilla Cupcake
honestly i think the most asked question on this thread has been 'what do you think the grade boundaries for edexcel maths will be'
bit less than 12 hours (hopefully) and we'll find out

Exactly. I think it's being exaggerated how high the boundaries are going to be. It will be high but not sky high. I can't wait for it to come out. This is the one subject for which I will officially know my grade after the release :colonhash:
Original post by Anmol_.
Btw what college or sixth form are you all planning to go to

Landau Forte College, Derby
Original post by AlevelBiologist
Landau Forte College, Derby

I live in Birmingham so unaware of these colleges :colonhash:
I've applied for a grammar school sixth form and I'm really worried I won't get in. If I don't I'll have to go to my current state schools sixth form which I really don't want to do. Also I sprained my ankle badly during my exams too so I was on crutches for most of them, I think it only affected one of my exams which was english lit which I was expecting A* in but it's not going to be that now :frown: hopefully still an A
Original post by jlee45
why can't we just get our results sent to us? the fact that we have to all go to the school and collect them one at a time makes it 10 times more nerve wracking:frown:

Not necessarily, it only gets as nerve wracking as you make it. And there is an option to get it emailed to you as well, so no need to go in.
I know that as a mature student I should be above being nervous especially as I only need another 18 marks from a 62 mark paper to get the C I need in English language to get my firm choice place at Uni but I still am.
i'm so impatient for my results right now aaaaaaaaa
I missed a lot of school due to anxiety related issues so for the last 2 years of my education I went to a pupil referral unit and completed my GCSE'S there. Unfortunately we were not given the full curriculum so I only got 7 D's. I went to college and completed Level 2 Animal Care Diploma and I am now looking at a future as a Professional Dog groomer (which I am starting in september). Whilst I was studying animal care I completed my Maths GCSE and got my grade C which is classed as a pass. This year I got another diploma in employability skills and took my english GCSE exam. I only started going to the classes properly in April of this year as I was too scared to go before that. I was originally looking at maybe getting another D but now I am on track for a high B possible A grade. Just waiting for the wjec english grade boundaries to come out so I have more of an idea of what I achieved but what my point is, is that it's never too late x
Original post by quiiddle

I know right, me too :s-smilie:
Original post by quiiddle

SAME !!!!!! :biggrin:
Original post by katiecatp
I know right, me too :s-smilie:
Original post by nisha.sri
SAME !!!!!! :biggrin:

i keep coming on here to pass the time because all i can think about is results but the time is going soooo slooow lol!
Im probably going to stay up all night for GBS and so I can go to sleep for results day

Posted from TSR Mobile
In terms of the Edexcel Maths boundaries, there's usually a teacher on here who puts them up a bit early. I shan't say which TSR user it is though in case they don't plan on doing it this year :smile:
i am actually eager to open up my results, because i know I've done bad lmao
Original post by Anmol_.
I live in Birmingham so unaware of these colleges :colonhash:

Why ask then 😂
Aw, everyone is making it so deep.
The exams are done guys - worrying isn't going to change your grades! If you don't get the grades you wanted, it's ok! You aren't going to become a refuse collector if you don't get 12A*s, but you will become one if you continually underestimate yourself as a person and believe you are worthless just because you didn't know what an 'independent company' was 🙄

Please don't raise your cortisol levels unnecessarily :smile: try and enjoy what is left of your summer!
Roll safe

Latest