The Student Room Group

Help with declaring AS Maths grades

Hi,

The FAQ wasn't very clear on this so I have made a separate thread. I got my AS results back a few days ago and I was disappointed to see I got a B in Maths when I was expecting an A. My module UMS is as follows:
-Core 1: 78 UMS (1 mark off an A)
-Core 2: 78 UMS (1 mark off an A)
-Stats 1: 81 UMS

I will be getting Core 1 & Core 2 remarked to secure an A overall, but regardless of the outcome of that I will be resitting Core 1 & Core 2 to get higher UMS.

How do I declare this on my UCAS application?

Help would be appreciated, thanks.
Original post by DarkEnergy
Hi,

The FAQ wasn't very clear on this so I have made a separate thread. I got my AS results back a few days ago and I was disappointed to see I got a B in Maths when I was expecting an A. My module UMS is as follows:

I will be getting Core 1 & Core 2 remarked to secure an A overall, but regardless of the outcome of that I will be resitting Core 1 & Core 2 to get higher UMS.

Did your result sheet have an overall AS grade or just module grades?

If you have an overall AS grade then your result was certified and you have to declare it.

When you list your pending qualifications then list the AS as pending again (with that Stats 1 module grade as it stands and Core 1 and 2 grades as pending) and also list your maths A level as pending (again with Stats 1 module grade as it is, Core 1/2 pending and your A2 modules as pending).
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Did your result sheet have an overall AS grade or just module grades?

If you have an overall AS grade then your result was certified and you have to declare it.

When you list your pending qualifications then list the AS as pending again (with that Stats 1 module grade as it stands and Core 1 and 2 grades as pending) and also list your maths A level as pending (again with Stats 1 module grade as it is, Core 1/2 pending and your A2 modules as pending).

Yeah it had an overall grade too.

So I will have declared my AS Maths twice?
Hi,

You don't?
Personal Statement?
Reply 4
Original post by Maths is Life
You don't?
Personal Statement?

What? You have to declare all qualifications you have received under the "Education" section on your UCAS application.
Yeah it had an overall grade too.

So I will have declared my AS Maths twice?

If your AS will be recertified in 2017 (which is the usual case for maths A and AS levels) then yes - you list it twice. Once with the completed certified grade and again with the pending grade.
Reply 6
Original post by PQ
If your AS will be recertified in 2017 (which is the usual case for maths A and AS levels) then yes - you list it twice. Once with the completed certified grade and again with the pending grade.

Is this correct? For the Advanced Level Maths I have all six modules listed with every module grade pending except Stats 1.

For the AS Mathematics (06/2017) I have every grade as pending except Stats 1.

For the AS Mathematics (06/2016) I have put down the grades I got for each module.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by PQ

Hi, sorry to bother you again but could you please check if the above is correct. Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending