The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

Biological Sciences Anyone?

Hey, just wondering if anyone on here is doing Biological Sciences at Essex? (cos I can't find any Facebook etc groups for it anywhere).

Would be nice to talk before arriving in October :wink:
Reply 1
Me!! haha I'm doing biomedical sciences
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by SHolmez

Nice :smile: What made you choose biomedical over all the other types of biology?
Reply 3
Original post by Acipion
Nice :smile: What made you choose biomedical over all the other types of biology?

I originally wanted to do medicine. Unfortunately I didn't get in but I still wanted to do something like medicine. Biomedical Sciences was the next best option.

What course did you choose? :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by SHolmez
I originally wanted to do medicine. Unfortunately I didn't get in but I still wanted to do something like medicine. Biomedical Sciences was the next best option.

What course did you choose? :smile:

Biological Sciences, just because I wanted to do something that involved all of biology :smile:

Have you got your accommodation yet?
Reply 5
Original post by Acipion
Biological Sciences, just because I wanted to do something that involved all of biology :smile:

Have you got your accommodation yet?

Ahh fair enough. Are you going to choose any optional modules for your first year? I heard some courses in biological sciences have optional modules (I don't though).

And yep! I'm in Matthew Quays :smile: How about you?
Hey! I'm studying genetics!
Original post by SHolmez

im doing biomed as well, are you going to be doing the 3 year course or the ipl one..
Reply 8
Hey guys :smile:

In response to SHolmez:

My accommodation is Harwich Court, and yeah I did have to choose an optional module, it was either Marine Biology or Biochemistry of Macromolecules and I chose Marine :wink:

Good Luck in your course everyone btw :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Hellper
im doing biomed as well, are you going to be doing the 3 year course or the ipl one..

hey there! nice to meet someone who's doing biomed aha and I'm doing a placement year :smile: how about you?
Reply 10
Original post by Acipion
Hey guys :smile:

In response to SHolmez:

My accommodation is Harwich Court, and yeah I did have to choose an optional module, it was either Marine Biology or Biochemistry of Macromolecules and I chose Marine :wink:

Good Luck in your course everyone btw :smile:

Nicee. I would've chosen marine too probs haha sounds more interesting
Original post by SHolmez
hey there! nice to meet someone who's doing biomed aha and I'm doing a placement year :smile: how about you?

Yaaay, im doing biomed with the placement year too! If you like drop me your number through personal message so we can talk more via Whatsapp...
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending