The Student Room Group

how hard is a-level english lang & lit

i chose english lang & lit as one of my a-level choices - i chose it solely to improve on my performance when it comes to writing essays

i always had a slight issue with english. during the gcse coursework period, i always had writer's block. i had a hard time constructing my essays (i had the tendency to deliver it in a sophisticated way, even though it wasn't necessary).

i'm more of a maths person so i was thinking whether i should replace english with further maths (i've chosen bio, chem, maths + eng as my alevels).

i've heard that further maths was enjoyable, and english gained a similar response apart from the fact that the workload for english was immense and time consuming.

should i do further maths instead or stick with english?
Reply 1
Original post by cybersnpi
i chose english lang & lit as one of my a-level choices - i chose it solely to improve on my performance when it comes to writing essays

i always had a slight issue with english. during the gcse coursework period, i always had writer's block. i had a hard time constructing my essays (i had the tendency to deliver it in a sophisticated way, even though it wasn't necessary).

i'm more of a maths person so i was thinking whether i should replace english with further maths (i've chosen bio, chem, maths + eng as my alevels).

i've heard that further maths was enjoyable, and english gained a similar response apart from the fact that the workload for english was immense and time consuming.

should i do further maths instead or stick with english?

Personally, I'd suggest Further Maths with your mix in subjects. If you're a maths person and you enjoy it then I would suggest Further Maths. Good luck with your decision!
Reply 2
Original post by twhiddy
Personally, I'd suggest Further Maths with your mix in subjects. If you're a maths person and you enjoy it then I would suggest Further Maths. Good luck with your decision!

thank u for ur reply:smile:)
Some courses would not consider futher maths with the regular maths as an alevel. In terms of so hard it is, most people in did eng lit in my school received A unlike chemistry where most people got C/Ds.

Quick Reply

Latest