The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

University of essex, colchester campus

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 2Calum1906
So am I. i dont understand how the room system works tho?

What do you mean? And which building are you in? I'm in sainty quay :smile:
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Original post by undine_monty
I'm nervous as well but I'm up for the challenge of meeting new people despite my shyness :smile: . What societies/sports clubs are you gonna join? I'm probably gonna join the Harry Potter one and possibly the eSports one. I just wish there was a chess club though :frown:

I have no idea what societies I'll join yet, I don't think I'll be joining any sports clubs though haha
Reply 102
Original post by janellecxx
hey! I am :smile:

What's your building/flat/room no.?
Original post by Sophie.1997
What do you mean? And which building are you in? I'm in sainty quay :smile:

I'm in flat 3.6 at sainty quay
anyone in Matthews Quays?
Original post by ohmarnz
What's your building/flat/room no.?

I'm staying at MAC4.2 :smile:

Mine's mac 5.3, what does that actually mean lol? the number?
Original post by IronicalMan
Mine's mac 5.3, what does that actually mean lol? the number?

MAC for Manningtree Court, 5 for building and 3 for flat :wink:
I know there's a Freshers chat on Facebook already but I think we should start our own TSR one, especially as the other one will probably get full

Add me on FB (Johnny English) and I'll get one started 👍
Original post by kfs-123
Im staying at Wolfson Courts

Cool, me too, what are you studying?
Reply 110

I'm staying at MAC5.1, haven't found anyone else in the same building/flat as me yet
Posted from TSR Mobile

Anyone studying history?
Original post by Jasismoran
Posted from TSR MobileAnyone studying history?
Did you do AQA History? The 100 year coursework?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, I was with Edexcel. Had to do coursework on Russia :P (which I did not do great in!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, I was with Edexcel, I think. Had to do coursework on Russia :P (which I did not do that great in!)
Posted from TSR MobileNo, I was with Edexcel, I think. Had to do coursework on Russia :P (which I did not do that great in!)
I didn't do great in mine either. Mine was focused around the Irish Potato Famine. I put so much effort in it but I just couldn't evaluate properly and I was describing too much. I even got help from a tutor but I just didn't improve much. I'd written my third draft and I decided that was the best I could do and I sent it off. I think at this point, I placed myself in clearing because I knew beforehand, how bad my coursework was :smile:

My referencing was really good though, like pristine. I got a book about how to write first class essays for uni because I was so determined to get my referencing right. I reckon, if the whole essay was marked on my referencing skills, I'd have gotten an A* in that coursework, but the rest of it was utter crap, so I came out with an E grade :tongue:
Original post by Anastasia626
anyone in Matthews Quays?

I am! 4.2 not sure what that means though

Posted from TSR Mobile
I didn't do great in mine either. Mine was focused around the Irish Potato Famine. I put so much effort in it but I just couldn't evaluate properly and I was describing too much. I even got help from a tutor but I just didn't improve much. I'd written my third draft and I decided that was the best I could do and I sent it off. I think at this point, I placed myself in clearing because I knew beforehand, how bad my coursework was :smile:

My referencing was really good though, like pristine. I got a book about how to write first class essays for uni because I was so determined to get my referencing right. I reckon, if the whole essay was marked on my referencing skills, I'd have gotten an A* in that coursework, but the rest of it was utter crap, so I came out with an E grade :tongue:

I wasn't that great at referencing, I got a C in the coursework, & at the time that was so annoying as it put more pressure on the exam! (my offer was BBB)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wasn't that great at referencing, I got a C in the coursework, & at the time that was so annoying as it put more pressure on the exam! (my offer was BBB)Posted from TSR Mobile
Was Essex your firm?I struggled during the history exam. The way they worded some of the questions was confusing. It seemed intentional because I'm sure they could've written the questions in a more straight forward way. Sometimes I wonder whether those examiners are out to get us
Was Essex your firm?I struggled during the history exam. The way they worded some of the questions was confusing. It seemed intentional because I'm sure they could've written the questions in a more straight forward way. Sometimes I wonder whether those examiners are out to get us

Yeah, Essex was my firm. I managed an A in the exam (have no idea how) which pushed me up to the B I needed. What topic was your exam on? Mine was on the American civil war.
Yeah, same with mine! some of the questions were phrased really awkwardly & it made it unnecessarily confusing :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending