The Student Room Group

What predicted grades will I probably be getting?

Hi, I got an A in as maths (88 ums, 87 ums, and 92 ums) an A in history mock ( new 2 year course thing or whatever no AS) and a B in economics mock (same deal no AS)
I know predicted grades are different for each student because it's about you and what your teachers think but I was just wondering , thx
I'd say probably predicting an A in maths and a B in histroy in economics. They generally like to predict low to cover their own arses, especially with a new course. It doesn't mean that you will get those grades but it's more like what the average student with your results would get with an average amount of work put in.
Original post by Honeystone
Hi, I got an A in as maths (88 ums, 87 ums, and 92 ums) an A in history mock ( new 2 year course thing or whatever no AS) and a B in economics mock (same deal no AS)
I know predicted grades are different for each student because it's about you and what your teachers think but I was just wondering , thx

maths A or maybe A* if you try doing some persuasion
A in history
B in economics

all depending how well you have been doing throughout the year.
Original post by Thatduck
I'd say probably predicting an A in maths and a B in histroy in economics. They generally like to predict low to cover their own arses, especially with a new course. It doesn't mean that you will get those grades but it's more like what the average student with your results would get with an average amount of work put in.

Really? His maths ums is on track for A*, history is already at an A and economics was a B, I imagine your predicted grades will be:
A*AB or AAB, unless you make a request to make them higher, with proof of work at that level, throughout the year

Original post by Kawaii289
maths A or maybe A* if you try doing some persuasion A in history B in economics all depending how well you have been doing throughout the year.

Jinx much?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Calzs34
Really? His maths ums is on track for A*, history is already at an A and economics was a B, I imagine your predicted grades will be:
A*AB or AAB, unless you make a request to make them higher with proof of work throughout year

Jinx much?

lol, I think most teachers give one grade up except for the much harder subjects.
unless you have proven yourself.
Reply 5

It depends, have you been getting an A in economics class assessments and how high was the A in history?

Possibly - A*A*A
Likely - A*AA
Worst Case - AAB
Wow, everyone else seems to think they'll be much higher than I did!
A the beginning of my A2 year, I was predicted AAB after getting AAAA in my AS levels. My school never predicted up a grade and would certainly never predict an A* unless it was very exceptional circumstances.
Basically, what I think this means is that different colleges will predict in different ways. Some are more optimistic than others. I'm pretty sure that where I went, they would have given a prediction of ABB but that may be totally different where you are
Original post by Calzs34
A*AB or AAB, unless you make a request to make them higher, with proof of work at that level, throughout the year

Jinx much?

I wouldn't exactly say that those results are on track for an A* in maths, though it's certainly not out of the question. For an A* you need 90+ in the two most difficult units.
Reply 8
Thx guys, I just need an AAB prediction for sheff and York so should be fine :colondollar:

AAA or A*AA (if your school is lenient with the maths)

Or AAB/A*AB (if your economics grade is a low B

Quick Reply

Latest