The Student Room Group

US college tells white students to check their privilege; triggers white students

Edit: Sorry, wrong thread
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
"Womyn" - The devil is real.
FML I am so triggered
I wonder if American unis have safe spaces*
Original post by queen-bee
I wonder if American unis have safe spaces*

The whole concept is American originally.
They should add some more:
'If you're homeless but have shoes check your privilege'
'If you have terminal cancer but aren't dead check your privilege'

Posted from TSR Mobile
American university campuses sound like hell on Earth.
Original post by Mathemagicien
However, the conference was embroiled in controversy, after the audience clapped rather than using the accepted 'jazz-hand applause', triggering audience members with a nervous disposition.

:lol::lol::lol:
Original post by generallee
The whole concept is American originally.

it seems that Americans are a lot sensitive than Brits*

Spoiler

Reply 11
They are right.

But so ****ing what? Should I take my own privilege away just because I am "privileged"? Should I cut of my foot so I don't have able-bodied privilege?
Ah, no one cares.
I actually support this campaign.

I mean let's think about it.
In a world where discrimination and bigotry is increasingly less acceptable, it's a privilege to be born the one race and even gender where it's fully acceptable to be racist and sexist towards.
Even though they had no say whatsoever in their births, they should feel blessed to be the one target of bigotry that is not just okay, but to be encouraged.

Nah real talk though, whatever those posters are about it's not equality. You know, treating people by the content of their character.

https://youtu.be/3vDWWy4CMhE

One can dream.
If some snowflake talked to me like that, I'd invite her back to enjoy my ''White privilege'' in greater privacy.
Reply 15
Seriously can somebody tell me what the **** 'cisgender' is supposed to mean...?
I say we take off and nuke the entire campus from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

May God have mercy on their souls.
Original post by JohnGreek
Cancer.
Pure, simple, cancer.

Check your degenerative privilege.
Reply 18
Original post by Mathemagicien
Old-fashioned weirdos; the ones who aren't transgender, agender, bigender, multigender, ...

Rule of thumb: if you don't know what cis-gender means, you are cis-gender.

So err, for lack of a better word, the wonted person?
Reply 19
Original post by The Sexathlete
If some snowflake talked to me like that, I'd invite her back to enjoy my ''White privilege'' in greater privacy.

part of the five a-day one presumes?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending