The Student Room Group

How are you feeling about results day?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by RomeoSantos
Because A levels are obviously the deciding factor. However nearly all applicants will have all A*s and As at GCSE and anything lower will be an easy reason to decline you.

Again, patently false. Cambridge views all GCSE grades in a contextualized frame with the results of your school in mind. if you get no A*'S but a decent smattering of A's in a school where the next highest grades are all D's, you'll be looked at favourably.

Stop fear-mongering.
Because A levels are obviously the deciding factor. However nearly all applicants will have all A*s and As at GCSE and anything lower will be an easy reason to decline you.

I think Cambridge rejecting some students who got 11A*'s at GCSE and accepting others that achieved 4A*'s clearly proves against this. There are evidently many other more important factors that Cambridge consider.
Original post by Zacken
Again, patently false. Cambridge views all GCSE grades in a contextualized frame with the results of your school in mind. if you get no A*'S but a decent smattering of A's in a school where the next highest grades are all D's, you'll be looked at favourably.

Stop fear-mongering.

Well yes its relevant to your school but even in the worst schools theres people getting top grades.
Reply 43
Well yes its relevant to your school but even in the worst schools theres people getting top grades.

You sound very removed from reality. I'd suggest that you stop spreading around myths about Oxbridge until you actually know something about it. Thanks.
Original post by TheNerdxP
I think Cambridge rejecting some students who got 11A*'s at GCSE and accepting others that achieved 4A*'s clearly proves against this. There are evidently many other more important factors that Cambridge consider.

Okay so 4 A*s is still quite decent I'd say and the rest of the grades were probably As? Still top grades no?
What I'm saying is to apply to Oxbridge and be successful you need a near perfect academic record as majority of applicants will and then they'll look at other factors e.g. extra curricular, work experience etc.
Original post by Zacken
You sound very removed from reality. I'd suggest that you stop spreading around myths about Oxbridge until you actually know something about it. Thanks.

What I'm saying is to apply to Oxbridge and be successful you need a near perfect academic record as majority of applicants will and then they'll look at other factors e.g. extra curricular, work experience etc.
Reply 46

False again.
Original post by Zacken
False again.

who are you
Okay so 4 A*s is still quite decent I'd say and the rest of the grades were probably As? Still top grades no?

Do you realise what post this is? It's student's that are worried about results day in two days time. Apologies, but you've clearly not done your research and starting to worry other people who want to get there. What part of 'GCSE's are not a deciding factor' is unclear? The tests and interviews are looked as gold compared to GCSE's. What I'm trying to say to people is, do your best and you'll be fine.
Not even worried because i think I know exactly what I've gotten 😶😶 not happy with these grades but I can't do anything to change them now
Original post by TheNerdxP
Do you realise what post this is? It's student's that are worried about results day in two days time. Apologies, but you've clearly not done your research and starting to worry other people who want to get there. What part of 'GCSE's are not a deciding factor' is unclear? The tests and interviews are looked as gold compared to GCSE's. What I'm trying to say to people is, do your best and you'll be fine.

'Do your best and you'll be fine'. Some people just like being told things straight how they are without the friendly bs.
Reply 51
who are you

Cambridge student. To everybody else: ignore this guys posts, he has no clue what he's talking about.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Zacken
Cambridge student.

Same.
Original post by Zacken
Cambridge student. To everybody else: ignore this guys posts, he has no clue what he's talking about.

I'm also a Cambridge student. To everybody else: ignore this guys posts, he has no clue what he's talking about.
Reply 54
I'm also a Cambridge student. To everybody else: ignore this guys posts, he has no clue what he's talking about.

Of course you are. *rolls eyes*

Original post by Zacken
Of course you are. *rolls eyes*

yet only 2 days ago you were hoping for good gcses

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4125451&page=114&highlight=&p=67098726#post67098726

That was an obvious troll.
Reply 57
I'm scared because I know I worked so hard and if I don't get the grades I'll feel hopeless
That was an obvious troll.

Lol I'm sure it wasn't.
I'm really nervous. I've been having nightmares for the past month & now it's in 2 days. I'm really nervous about the grade boundaries for maths because I need a B overall to get into the Biology course I want to do at sixth form. And if I don't get to do Biology, I'll have no idea what career route to go down because I've always had interest in the sciences. I'm just so goddamn nervous cos I feel like my life is depending on these grades :bricks::cry:

Quick Reply

Latest