The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

00daud00 go follow my insta xd
Original post by graciousgannon
Did anyone do Edexcel German and find it really hard? I'm so nervous to get the result!
In my December mock exams I got a U in my Listening paper, and after the real listening paper this time I had the exact same feeling that I had after the mock one...hardly understood any of it:frown:.
The reading was okay but still not much better.

I just really wanted an A, but that's practically impossible after that disastrous exam :frown:

Same. I absolutely hated both exams. I normally get an A in my reading and a C in the listening but I felt like got E/D for both exams :frown:
@XLittleSparrowX depends where I go to. If I go Birmingham sixth form I will do English literature, history, RS and biology/computer science and joseoh chamberlain I will do history, English literature, philosophy and ethics and sociology. What courses are you doing?
Original post by amanii_ox
Same! Uob sixthform or JC (:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really? What's your first choice?
Hi everyone, first time posting here, and I'm new to TSR.

Very very very nervous about Thursday. Everyone keeps telling me that they are proud of me no matter what but I can't help thinking they are just saying that to make me feel better. :frown:
Original post by PLL-
To be fair, that year it went from 120 to 136, it could just as easily go from 125 to 140.. Hopefully it doesn't though lol

I don't think so because more than the difficulty of the paper it depends on how well students have performed and from my own school I can say that despite it being an easy paper, even the clever kids found that they made lots of mistakes and majority were not happy with how it went. That's what happened in 2014. It was clearly an easy straight forward paper but due to the fact so many people did bad the grade boundaries for that year were low.
Original post by lozza_X
Hi everyone, first time posting here, and I'm new to TSR.

Very very very nervous about Thursday. Everyone keeps telling me that they are proud of me no matter what but I can't help thinking they are just saying that to make me feel better. :frown:
hello. Good luck for Thursday. I know. :frown: More than that it's about what grades will make you feel proud of yourself because at the end of the day you're doing this for yourself. The more near the date is getting the anxiety is just growing:colonhash:
Original post by Anmol_.
hello. Good luck for Thursday. I know. :frown: More than that it's about what grades will make you feel proud of yourself because at the end of the day you're doing this for yourself. The more near the date is getting the anxiety is just growing:colonhash:

Good luck to you too! If my grades are bad I know I'll be disappointed in myself more than anything, I mean I've been working on these grades for three years, so I know I'll be extremely upset if it goes wrong.

I agree, as thursday gets closer and closer I feel more anxious. I haven't slept properly in three nights, and I know what with grade boundries coming out tonight/tomorrow I won't sleep tonight and I definitely won't be sleeping Wednesday night due to being so nervous. :frown:
Hi everyone!
I'm new to this thread and I'm dreading results day even though I won't get mine until the 30th August :frown: (I'm on holiday and they'll be sent to my house so that I can open them then!)
Just wondering if anyone on this thread did any WJEC exams?
Good luck everyone, I'm sure we've all done well :smile:
Reply 3149
Original post by cboydxo
Hi everyone!
I'm new to this thread and I'm dreading results day even though I won't get mine until the 30th August :frown: (I'm on holiday and they'll be sent to my house so that I can open them then!)

I did WJEC English Lit

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anmol_.
Same which is why I want to go Birmingham sixth form because nobody from my school will be going there so hopefully I'll make new friends and it'll officially be a new start which is just what I want!

What school u go?
Original post by Cate1541
That's what kinda happened to me! My history teacher marked us soooo harshly in our class tests this year like three quarters of the class were failing but then in our mocks another teacher marked them and we all went up by at least 2 grades! Made us feel a lot more confident before the exam

That's great! Exactly :smile:
Original post by MBK14
I did WJEC English Lit

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which books did you study and how did you find it?:smile: I did Heroes and An Inspector Calls.
Original post by cboydxo
Hi everyone!

wow thats rough... i don't think id be able to handle no knowing FOR FIVE DAYS
Original post by 7yearsbadluck
wow thats rough... i don't think id be able to handle no knowing FOR FIVE DAYS

Haha, I'd rather not know and find out when I get home rather than know and possibly have my holiday ruined! But, temptation may take over me and I'll ask my gran to open them and send me my results lol!
Original post by PLL-
To be fair, that year it went from 120 to 136, it could just as easily go from 125 to 140.. Hopefully it doesn't though lol

that was the november series tho
Original post by Anmol_.
Either university of Birmingham sixth form or joseph chamberlain

I am going JC
Original post by csutton
I saw this and had a mini heart attack. I'm going to Sutton BMet too!!

Just had the same reaction with yours! What courses you doing?
Excuse me for not checking the thread today - this may have already been answered, but what time do AQA release the grade boundaries tomorrow ? Thanks dudesssss
Original post by miniflag123
Are all these grade boundaries that get released tomorrow legit?

Yes, the exam boards themself release them :smile:

Latest