The Student Room Group

Hard Bony Lump On The Back Of My Skull? What Could It Be?

I have a hard bony lump on the back of my skull. There is no pain why I touch it. It is just above that little groove on the back of your head. It is quite hard to describe as my hair covers it. it feels like a knuckle when touched. I know it's prob nothing, I think it's just the bone at the back of the skull, mine just sticks out more, but I just want to know what it could be and should I see a doctor. I am a male.
Im no head doctor but pretty sure we all have that. Damn hope so or we are both effed
its nothing, i thought i had a problem when i realised i had it then i thought it was genetic thing because all my famiy had it then i asked a doctor who said literally one has one lmao
Most males have it
Reply 4
Original post by JNDSAN
its nothing, i thought i had a problem when i realised i had it then i thought it was genetic thing because all my famiy had it then i asked a doctor who said literally one has one lmao

Is it called the external occipital protuberance
Do you have many birthmarks on your body?
Reply 6
Original post by MildredMalone
Do you have many birthmarks on your body?

No why?
If you're worried, go and see a doctor. Chances are, it's nothing, but it could be something, and the faster you find out the greater the likelihood that something can be done easily. Even if it is nothing (which is probably the case), having a doctor tell you that you're fine will mean that you won't be worrying about it, and any doctor worth their salt would prefer you to get checked out than see you in six months and have to tell you something life-changing.
Reply 8
Original post by SummerStrawberry
If you're worried, go and see a doctor. Chances are, it's nothing, but it could be something, and the faster you find out the greater the likelihood that something can be done easily. Even if it is nothing (which is probably the case), having a doctor tell you that you're fine will mean that you won't be worrying about it, and any doctor worth their salt would prefer you to get checked out than see you in six months and have to tell you something life-changing.

Okay
Original post by Mitt1
Is it called the external occipital protuberance

Was gonna suggest that but you beat me to it.

I agree with the other guy though, you should see your GP if you're worried and he would probably be able to put your mind at rest. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest