The Student Room Group

The gig is up - Corbyn just as decieftul as other politicians #Traingate

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MedioCentro97
Weren't they all reserved?

Nope. The reserved seats were in another carriage. He walked past unreserved seats at approx 11:10am on his way to film the staged photo op; here is the photo
And here he is returning to those seats at around 11:45 after having filmed his little staged photo opHere is the photo of him walking past reserved seats; it was a completely different carriage. So all the huffing and puffing about reserved seats, claims the staff had to move people around or bilked him for a first-class tickets, are hilariously inept attempts to cover up a botched spin operation.

And there's loads of photo evidence on twitter that others were also sitting on the floor.

There are pictures of someone taking a selfie/photo with him. That means nothing, particularly given we have indisputable photo evidence that he walked past a carriage full of free unreserved seats, and returned to sit in the carriage full of unreserved seats after filming the photo op

The media love a catchy headline though without the real facts, and somehow always succeed to fool the simpletons on studentroom.

The only simpleton here is... well, I'll leave you to work that one out.
Naughty corbyn
Reply 42
Original post by skeptical_john
why make four different statements in the space of 6 hours if he's done nothing wrong?

Look at the 11.07 photo, he walks past empty seats

http://www.lbc.co.uk/corbyn-had-seat-on-train-he-claimed-was-ram-packed-135869

A lot of people have already debunked that photo...what statements.
Original post by The Awakener
Dont jump to conclusions without seeing the evidence.

I have seen the footage for myself. Its clear that almost all the seats were reserved indicated by the cards above them.

No jumping to conclusions, the evidence is in. You have confused a picture of the reserved seat carriage with the other carriage. Here are the pics;

He walked past unreserved seats at approx 11:10am on his way to film the staged photo op; here is the photo. Look at all those free unreserved seats. And here he is returning to those seats to sit down at around 11:45 after having filmed his little staged photo opHere is the photo of him walking past reserved seats; it was a completely different carriage. So all the huffing and puffing about reserved seats, claims the staff had to move people around or bilked him for a first-class tickets, are hilariously inept attempts to cover up a botched spin operation.
All I can think of is series four of The Thick of It. Perhaps he should have been on my train going up to uni, that was packed. Air conditioning wasn't working, standing from Shrewsbury to Chester. I do see his point about a change needing to happen in the country's rail system, but staging something like this isn't the way to do it.
Original post by inhuman
He went on an overcrowded train to sit on the floor. People are making out as if there were seats and yet he still didn't sit.

That's exactly what he did.

And now here's the pic of him returning to those free unreserved seats after filming his little staged photo opHere is the photo of him walking past reserved seats; it was a completely different carriage. This incident does show quite clearly how Corbynites and fellow travellers will continue to believe in the face of all evidence to the contrary.
Original post by john2054
Lay off him okay. You do realise that it would be easy enough to photoshop this image? To change the date. I doubt he would sit on the floor unless absolutely necessary!

Oh it's a conspiracy, is it? Virgin photoshopped the images?

The vein of paranoia running through British politics seems to be getting worse every day
Reply 47
Why are the timestamps missing on the other two photos?
Original post by skeptical_john
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37167700
"Virgin Trains has questioned footage showing Jeremy Corbyn sitting on the floor of a "ram-packed" service.In a film shown on The Guardian, the Labour leader said he was experiencing a problem "many passengers face every day" on the London to Newcastle train.

But Virgin said CCTV showed Mr Corbyn and his team walking past available seating before starting filming.

It says the crew helped him to a carriage where seats were available and he sat for the rest of his journey."
Did he experience a problem many passengers face everyday? The answer is yes. Yes it was a PR stunt: it was always going to be. But the point still stands.
Original post by THE EPIC Panda
All I can think of is series four of The Thick of It. Perhaps he should have been on my train going up to uni, that was packed. Air conditioning wasn't working, standing from Shrewsbury to Chester. I do see his point about a change needing to happen in the country's rail system, but staging something like this isn't the way to do it.

I completely agree. I personally support the idea of bringing the railways back into public ownership (not nationalisation per se, but allowing the public sector to tender for the rail licences; there's no question they would win as they are able to bid lower. They don't have to incorporate a profit margin into their bid. This article by Owen Jones makes the case extremely well https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/nov/27/privatising-east-coast-rail-rip-off)

However, this inept stunt was dishonest and unfortunately very characteristic of the incompetence of Team Corbyn
If that's his definition of 'ram-packed' he's obviously never been on a train to the city centre at rush hour
Original post by inhuman
Why are the timestamps missing on the other two photos?

It's a conspiracy, obviously :rolleyes:

The originals are online, they've been cropped for web purposes and I had to search around from different sites to get the series of three photos.

Fact is, Corbyn walked past free, unreserved seats. He then went and filmed his staged photo op. He then returned to the free unreserved seats in coach H. Found out
Original post by AlexanderHam

And here he is returning to those seats at around 11:45 after having filmed his little staged photo op

If there are such an abundance of available seats in that carriage, then why do we see people standing in the vestibule?
Original post by 04MR17
Did he experience a problem many passengers face everyday? The answer is yes. Yes it was a PR stunt: it was always going to be. But the point still stands.

The otherwise valid point has been completely undermined by his ineptness and penchant for dishonesty.

So all the huffing and puffing about reserved seats, claims the staff had to move people around or bilked him for a first-class tickets, are hilariously inept attempts to cover up a botched spin operation.

If he'd sat in reserved seats, he would be leaving himself wide open to sneering photos and tweets 'Corbyn steals reservation', etc, etc.

There's no reason to think that other passengers are lying.
Reply 55
It's a conspiracy, obviously :rolleyes:

How ironic.
Original post by InnerTemple
If there are such an abundance of available seats in that carriage, then why do we see people standing in the vestibule?

Have you ever actually used a train? People stand in that area when the train is about to pull into a station. In any case, your little conspiracy counterfactual is kind-of irrelevant given the photo shows empty seats.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
If he'd sat in reserved seats, he would be leaving himself wide open to sneering photos and tweets 'Corbyn steals reservation', etc, etc.

There were free unreserved seats, as I've demonstrated in the three photos. The free unreserved seats he walked past are the same ones he went back and sat in after the photo op.

Are you being deliberately dishonest, or haven't you bothered to look at the photos?
Original post by InnerTemple

We aren't being told everything about this yet - we need to hear from more passengers who were on the train. It does sound as if this went in stages, with a period when people were standing, followed by some space clearing by staff and then more people finding seats.
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/aug/23/jeremy-corbyn-virgin-trains-disputes-claim-over-lack-of-seats
Doubt it. I always have to sit on the floor on virgin trains.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending