The Student Room Group

International student banking question

(Again, not sure if this is the right topic/forum)

Anyone international on here tried UniZest, (Aspire Account)??
Is it any good?

I would love to know about it too! I searched everywhere on the internet but I cannot find anything, which is a bit worrying. But it's a pretty new service too, so...
Original post by BAPopular
I would love to know about it too! I searched everywhere on the internet but I cannot find anything, which is a bit worrying. But it's a pretty new service too, so...

You mean UniZest, or the aspire account thing? There are videos on their site tho...
Original post by PharaohFromSpace
You mean UniZest, or the aspire account thing? There are videos on their site tho...

I am talking about the aspire account. I can only find their information on their own website (videos,etc), or sites where they themselves posted their info, but no reviews, info, etc from external sources.
I am talking about the aspire account. I can only find their information on their own website (videos,etc), or sites where they themselves posted their info, but no reviews, info, etc from external sources.

Yeah, do you think it's worth it?
Yeah, do you think it's worth it?

The problem is that I can't tell. I wish I knew or heard about at least one person who has this account. :frown:

I am probably just going to open a normal student bank account from the UK. It's much more reassuring...
The problem is that I can't tell. I wish I knew or heard about at least one person who has this account. :frown:

I am probably just going to open a normal student bank account from the UK. It's much more reassuring...

You mean go there first, and then do everything?

Can't you do both? Or is that just a waste?
You mean go there first, and then do everything?

Can't you do both? Or is that just a waste?

It's best to go directly to the branch of the bank, and start from there.
It's best to go directly to the branch of the bank, and start from there.

So yeah, travel first and then start, gotcha. Hmmmm, Idk, still going to mull it all over. Wish I could find a proper review though...
So yeah, travel first and then start, gotcha. Hmmmm, Idk, still going to mull it all over. Wish I could find a proper review though...

Agreed... there's no independent review of this mysterious outfit. I'd like to know how they accessed the UCAS database. I've asked UCAS to explain... still waiting for a reply.
Original post by simonbullock
Agreed... there's no independent review of this mysterious outfit. I'd like to know how they accessed the UCAS database. I've asked UCAS to explain... still waiting for a reply.

I guess in itself that might be some sort of reassurance? Not that they didn't reply but that they are on UCAS.
(edited 7 years ago)
I guess in itself that might be some sort of reassurance? Not that they didn't reply that they are on UCAS.

The issue is how they got hold of the UCAS database. They may be legit. They may have bought it. Perhaps another p2p service, like Transferwise. Let's see what UCAS have to say.
Original post by simonbullock
The issue is how they got hold of the UCAS database. They may be legit. They may have bought it. Perhaps another p2p service, like Transferwise. Let's see what UCAS have to say.

Please update us when they reply!

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending