The Student Room Group

Biggest academic achievements?

Scroll to see replies

I got 3rd in Northern Ireland for GCSE Additional Maths, that was cool :biggrin:

A* in Further Maths which I pretty much self taught was good too
Original post by Emizi
Mine's pretty sad...

Going back to education after 12 years out :colondollar:. I did get 88/100 in my Higher Psychology Exam... (I left after 50 minutes into the two hour exam... I think they made a mistake... shhhh!)

Thats not sad, thats very impressive. 12 years out and you still got 88/100 in 50mins, well done! :hat2: :holmes:

Original post by WoodyMKC
Staying awake during history is something I still take pride in, that was a serious challenge.

You should try Chemistry sometime :holmes:
Reply 62
Apart from my degree I would say winning an award for the dissertation
Reply 63
Original post by RDKGames
Let's hear some, having a boring night :h: They don't necessarily have to be about grades.

I'll start; mine would be the fact that in Y10 I was on an E grade for maths, in Y11 I scraped an A (and only A) for GCSE and at A-Level I've achieved A* in Maths and B in Further Maths. I've had the same teacher throughout these 4 years so you can imagine his reaction. :smile:

Recently passed an exam that I thought I failed. Given it is part of a professional qualification and in the end grades don't matter, it was the best thing ever.

A 7 in IB maths. Just for the respect so many IB students suddenly have just for saying that.
There was this guy in my GCSE Maths class who always used to call me a cretin because I never did homework, never worked in the class, and never showed any ambition.

In our mock I got an A and he got a B. Felt great.
Original post by te.lope
thats amazing, i am literally in tears

Never thought I'd have moved someone so much...
But, wow.

That's really something. Thank you.
Original post by SeanFM
Waking up for a 9am lecture only to go home back to sleep, as my next one was at 3. All the more impressive as I'd have to get up at 7:30, arrive at 8:30 and nap in the library, nap in the lecture from 9:15 onwards and nap on the bus on the way back. Only to wake up at 7:30, find it was all a dream and I actually have to pay attention in my 9am lecture.

Lollllllllll haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
Lollllllllll haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:rofl: this will be you studying anything statistics related (if any of that is compulsory).
Original post by SeanFM
:rofl: this will be you studying anything statistics related (if any of that is compulsory).

Haha, i have to study probabikity but other then that I am free forever!
Probability is actually great, i just hated stats at a level lol.
Took geography AS, my teacher left and the replacement was awful. I was teetering on a C the whole year, so I taught myself and wound up getting a really high A :-)
Original post by physicsmaths
Haha, i have to study probabikity but other then that I am free forever!
Probability is actually great, i just hated stats at a level lol.

:rofl: I hope you smash it, mate.
Original post by RDKGames
Let's hear some, having a boring night :h: They don't necessarily have to be about grades.

I'll start; mine would be the fact that in Y10 I was on an E grade for maths, in Y11 I scraped an A (and only A) for GCSE and at A-Level I've achieved A* in Maths and B in Further Maths. I've had the same teacher throughout these 4 years so you can imagine his reaction. :smile:

-Pestering my maths teachers to be entered for higher tier GCSE Maths and achieving a B despite them saying I couldn't do it
-Winning science and maths awards at the end of secondary school
-Getting 93% in an A2 Biology unit
-Getting above 70% in undergrad chemistry labs and 60% in exams without trying
Probably getting a B in one of my A Level Chemistry resits, I really struggled throughout my time at sixth form due to shocking mental health and ended up performing badly in all my subjects

Either that or becoming a member of the BPS and getting to put MBPsS after my name
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest