The Student Room Group

The gig is up - Corbyn just as decieftul as other politicians #Traingate

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheGuyReturns
Hilarious watching so many right wingers having a **** fit over this.

The government could announce that Downing Street has actually been selling crack out of a drive-through window in the back with Hammond sucking dick for an extra two quid, and at BEST these same right wingers might say "oh wow" out loud and onto the next. ****ing unbelievable.

If the cops raided Downing St on a drugs bust, the headlines the next day would be "Corbyn refuses to act on cocaine issue" and "evidence points to Corbyn as dealer".
Original post by TheGuyReturns
Hilarious watching so many right wingers having a **** fit over this.

The government could announce that Downing Street has actually been selling crack out of a drive-through window in the back with Hammond sucking dick for an extra two quid, and at BEST these same right wingers might say "oh wow" out loud and onto the next. ****ing unbelievable.

I'm not right wing, I just find the whole situation bizarre tbh.

The absurdity of it all is that he wouldn't have to try very hard(just go at the right time) to find a train that was actually overcrowded. Instead he's made himself(and Labour by extension) look ridiculous.
Original post by JamesN88
I'm not right wing, I just find the whole situation bizarre tbh.

The absurdity of it all is that he wouldn't have to try very hard(just go at the right time) to find a train that was actually overcrowded. Instead he's made himself(and Labour by extension) look ridiculous.

I think that the train probably was really crowded.

There were probably some unoccupied seats - however these may have had bags placed on them as people went to the bathroom. But I think it more likely than not that Corbyn and his team did struggle to find seats. Their search took them the length of the train where they did the video piece.

Considering that:
-Virgin is refusing to show footage of the rest of the train and has failed to show footage from the vestibules
-that in the footage we do see, there appear to be people standing in the vestibules
-that other passengers have commented that the train was crowded
-that these trains are always bloody crowded
Original post by AlexanderHam
Mentally-ill people often project their own psychopathologies onto others. I don't take it personally that you are this way

At least you know your own condition. Well done, that is the first step towards recovery.

Go Alex!
Virgin starting to back pedal on their story. :rolleyes:

"
A spokesperson for Virgin Trains said: “We know that some of our services on our east and west coast franchises are extremely popular, and it can be hard to find a seat.” It usually happened in particular circumstances, the operator added, for example when there’s a big sporting event, or on the first off-peak train out of London.“Unfortunately we can’t do anything about cup finals or fares regulation, which could spread demand much more effectively if it was less of a blunt instrument,” the spokesperson said, arguing they would be “delighted to work with ministers if they were interested in reviewing the fares structure for long distance services, with the aim of reducing the overcrowding that can occur”.
"
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/aug/23/jeremy-corbyn-virgin-trains-disputes-claim-over-lack-of-seats
Branson didn't check his facts and steamed in - apparently telling lies in public to guard your cash-machine milk-the-taxpayer franchise against much needed plans to renationalise comes well ahead of any actual, you know, true facts.
This is doctored footage by the capitalist elite and the Illuminati.
Yes the whole train issue is clearly more absurd than the Downing Street drug haul.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Branson didn't check his facts and steamed in - apparently telling lies in public to guard your cash-machine milk-the-taxpayer franchise against much needed plans to renationalise comes well ahead of any actual, you know, true facts.
Would love to rep this.

P.S. Downing Street (or Conservative HQ) probably do have large quantities of illegal drugs. And they'll use the same excuse as Corbyn: we're experiencing the same issues as ordinary people.
A new picture has been released: Branson looking sympathetic at the plight of rail passengers on his franchise.

@04MR17

It genuinely wouldn't surprise me if the Tory conference was a massive cocaine fest. :smile:
@04MR17

It genuinely wouldn't surprise me if the Tory conference was a massive cocaine fest. :smile:

It would surprise me if it wasn't.
Labour - never one to make a screw up full and proper - now we have Owen Smith on video calling Corbyn a lunatic...
Original post by skeptical_john
Labour - never one to make a screw up full and proper - now we have Owen Smith on video calling Corbyn a lunatic...

Smh, where?
Now he's getting rattled about it. :smile:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37173048
Original post by InnerTemple
I've used that very service. The first stop is York... over an hour away when the picture was taken.

Maybe they all wanted to be really well prepared and ready to get off?

Actually, if you bother to look at the picture they are standing at the food bar :smile: And the fact York is so far away at the time the pic is taken simply serves to destroy the Corbynite lies that he only got a seat after people had got off the train
Original post by inhuman
At least you know your own condition. Well done, that is the first step towards recovery.

Denying and projecting will only prolong your personal problems with paranoia and mental illness. You seem to be quite upset, perhaps this forum is too much excitement for you?
Original post by AlexanderHam
Denying and projecting will only prolong your personal problems with paranoia and mental illness. You seem to be quite upset, perhaps this forum is too much excitement for you?

Your psychiatrist told you that? Sounds like he knows his stuff, you should listen to him.
Original post by inhuman
X

You seem to be very upset. Perhaps you're becoming tired and emotional, having spent the last 7 hours on this website today from the time you got up, after having spent 9 hours (at least) yesterday afternoon and evening.

I can understand that perhaps your lack of normal human contact and relationships makes you particularly snippy and sensitive. Add that to your cult obsession with Corbyn and I can see why you're so distressed by my debunking your Dear Leader's lies.

In any case, it's clear you have issues and it's far easier just to add you to my ignore list.

Bye :smile:
Regardless of the rights and wrongs of Corbyn's original tweet, what Virgin have done in response to it is sinister and threatening.

They have broken Data Protection law, apparently without a thought - does Branson even know or care that it exists?
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/aug/24/virgin-trains-faces-data-protection-inquiry-over-corbyn-cctv-footage

They are only supposed to hand over footage like this to the police - is it now the case that train operating companies regard their passengers as fair game to be used in any passing whim of the chief executive's campaigning? What next, sale of passenger activities to TV comedy shows? Blackmail?

They have also demonstrated that the monster corporations are now fully political and are part of the right wing campaign to smear Corbyn at every opportunity, factually or otherwise. Nobody gave Virgin a vote, but here they are, key players in British politics. There need to be new laws preventing the major corporations from engaging in public political campaigns like this.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest