The Student Room Group

Tendency to develop crushes too easily

Hello.
I get crushes way too easily... Basically I meet a girl (almost always a friend's friends) and I start spending more time with her. If I found her attractive from the beginning once I hang out a lot with her I feel a connection. But they never liked me back. Well, not the same way. They like me as a friend and they have become really good friends but... I'm not even sure it was worth it. I felt terrible for months.

It happened twice in about 3 years. And I think there will be another one soon. The only solution I see is not to be friends with them in the first place. But I can't help it, I always think there might be a small possibility... And that if I don't try it will never lead me to anything.

Does it happen to you too? Do you have another solution?

Thank you
Don't worry, I fall in love with someone new everytime I take the tube.
Welcome to life as a human being.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Hello.
I get crushes way too easily... Basically I meet a girl (almost always a friend's friends) and I start spending more time with her. If I found her attractive from the beginning once I hang out a lot with her I feel a connection. But they never liked me back. Well, not the same way. They like me as a friend and they have become really good friends but... I'm not even sure it was worth it. I felt terrible for months.

It happened twice in about 3 years. And I think there will be another one soon. The only solution I see is not to be friends with them in the first place. But I can't help it, I always think there might be a small possibility... And that if I don't try it will never lead me to anything.

Thank you

I was in London yesterday, so many beautiful people, fell in love on the coach a few times, then at the coach station, then on Baker Street, Belgrave Road...

:colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You ever go out on the piss/on the pull? At the risk of contradicting my earlier posts, you wanna piece of meat basically.
(edited 7 years ago)
Hello.

Thank you

How old are you? Are you in school?
Crushes doesnt mean that you love them. An example: if they asked you for money you wouldnt give them, would you? Its fine to have lots of crushes maybe one of them could reciprocate your feelings. A word of advice: play cool, flirt a bit, be the friend that they want. Maybe one day they will develop feelings for you man. Wait for that moment until n unless you love them😀
Reply 7
Original post by LifeAfterAnjem
You ever go out on the piss/on the pull? At the risk of contradicting my earlier posts, you wanna piece of meat basically.

Yes/Na. Maybe but in that period I've had a couple of 'relationships' (read ONS) and yeah it helps. But only in the short run. It's good as long as it lasts. Then things get back to normal.
Reply 8
Original post by JimmyHendrix
How old are you? Are you in school?

24 in a few days. Not anymore I finished uni last year
I have the same problem and I'm a heterosexual girl. I actually think that it can be explained by three factors:
- having an overactive imagination, so if I fancy someone my imagination can jump right in
- emotional dependance (this is the 'bad one' that I'm sure doesn't apply to everyone but I really watch out for and work to stay on top of)
- feeling in need of some sex!

I don't see one and three as bad at all as long as I proceed with caution!
24 in a few days. Not anymore I finished uni last year

Ok I think I have enough information to go on here. My guess would be is that you fancy almost every girl you meet, because you haven't had a lot of relationships with girls and you subconsciously want one. Or it might be of a biological nature, maybe your brain is just telling you, you want some sex.
Reply 11
This is exactly me.

But i think its what you do afterwards that determines the outcome. If you're too passive and shy about the girl, then you won't get very far. But act on it and flirt, ask her out, etc... and you'll get somewhere. If you get rejected, then get over it, she won't be a crush for long
Hello.

Thank you

No it doesn't happen to me.

You are spending too much time with her, it's why they see you as a best friend they can hang out with, tell all their secrets to, talk about their boy troubles with and rely on when they need a shoulder to cry on. It's like you're one of their girlfriends.

Spend less time chilling and talking and more time flirting and escalating :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Supersaps
Don't worry, I fall in love with someone new everytime I take the tube.

That's funny, because I started walking 40 minutes from Bank to Victoria so much had my hatred for other humans in an underground situation become.
Original post by leavingthecity
underground situation

Ahh well, as a filthy visitor I avoid commuters hours. Not even I can fall in love with a sardine in a speeding tin.
Thanks for all the answers. I read them all and I'm sorry I can't reply to one of them.

I guess I'll try to do things differently. If I see that she isn't interested I won't keep the friendship and if I think I have a decent chance I'll just be honest and I'll deal with the rejection if she rejects me.
I have no friends, so consider yourself lucky. I think I get crushes too easily because I'm trying to fill a hole. Find your hole.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending