The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

TO EVERYONE;
If you don't get a grade that you want and feel really upset about it, don't worry and just look at the achievements you have got with your other grades!

Sorry if that didn't make sense I'm so tired :tongue:
im acc freeaking out, i really want an A* in maths but in the calculator exam my calculator started acting up and it threw me off, i even crossed out my correct answer in the last question just because of it, sigh.. anyway

what i want:

maths: A*
english language: A*
english literature: A
Geography : A*
French: C
R.E: A*
Core Science:A*
Additional Science: A*
Further Additional Science: A*

m not sure if i,ll get an a* in eng lang or core science cuz the course work/ ISA might bring down my grade.. maths th total mark i had using unnofficial mark schemes was 173 but that could easily get lower;/ im praying the an A* is like 160/161 or something, so really i might end up with 4/5 A*s 2/3 A's and 1 ill be happy as long as i got A*s in science, maths and r.e tbh :smile:
Jesus this thread got busy :biggrin:
Won't be staying up for GBs though since the lack of sleep I (& I think a lot of other people too) have had recently (not bc GCSEs) will probably cause me to start crying / have a breakdown when I see how high they all are :lol:

Also, can anyone actually remember what any of the exams were like?? I forgot like 1 day after the exam :colondollar:
Original post by tomiakande
im acc freeaking out, i really want an A* in maths but in the calculator exam my calculator started acting up and it threw me off, i even crossed out my correct answer in the last question just because of it, sigh.. anyway

what i want:

maths: A*
english language: A*
english literature: A
Geography : A*
French: C
R.E: A*
Core Science:A*
Additional Science: A*
Further Additional Science: A*

m not sure if i,ll get an a* in eng lang or core science cuz the course work/ ISA might bring down my grade.. maths th total mark i had using unnofficial mark schemes was 173 but that could easily get lower;/ im praying the an A* is like 160/161 or something, so really i might end up with 4/5 A*s 2/3 A's and 1 ill be happy as long as i got A*s in science, maths and r.e tbh :smile:

Good luck! You will do great!
Which RE course did you do?
The course I did you need about 72/76 for an A*!!!!
Original post by iLukeAi
Hi does anyone know what time edexcel are uploading the grade boundaries? Is it gonna be like 12am or something? Thankyou :smile:

nobody is sure best to look at 12 am bro its only in 90 mins, best of luck
Does anyone have the link for WJEC grade boundaries ? x
Original post by strongcurrent
Good luck! You will do great!
Which RE course did you do?
The course I did you need about 72/76 for an A*!!!!

i did Edexcel R.E unit 3 and unit 10.. wow 4 marks off full marks ?!!:redface:
i did Edexcel R.E unit 3 and unit 10.. wow 4 marks off full marks ?!!:redface:

I did AQA, can't remember what courses but yeah, you can only drop 4-5 marks! And 4-5 marks are SPaG. So, if you are bad at SPaG and loose all marks for that then you can only drop 1 content mark!!
I'm staying up, the edexcel maths grade boundaries are stressing me out. I really want to get an A.
Original post by Butterflyshy
I'm staying up, the edexcel maths grade boundaries are stressing me out. I really want to get an A.

Omg same but I don't want it to worry me so I don't want to look!!😭
Original post by surina16
Jesus this thread got busy :biggrin:
Won't be staying up for GBs though since the lack of sleep I (& I think a lot of other people too) have had recently (not bc GCSEs) will probably cause me to start crying / have a breakdown when I see how high they all are :lol:

Also, can anyone actually remember what any of the exams were like?? I forgot like 1 day after the exam :colondollar:

okay (this is from my memory):

AQA BIOLOGY - No biolgy in unit 1, so low GB, unit 2 + 3 was fairly easy
AQA CHEMISTRY - MOSTLY EASY, HIGH GB'S
AQA PHYSICS - HARD, LOW GB
EDEXCEL MATHS - TAD HARD, HIGHISH GB'S
OCR SOCIOLOGY - OKAY, PROBABLY A BIT HIGHER GB'S
IGCSE CIE ENGLISH - EASY, GB'S ARE FAIRLY HIGH THIS YEAR
EDEXCEL ENG LIT - I FOUND IT HARD, BUT I DIDN;T BOTHER REVISING
OCR HISTORY - WHO'S EVEN GOOD AT HISTRY?! LOL, IDK FOR GB'S
EDEXCEL SPANISH - HARD AF!, LOW GB'S

These are the ones that I did
I did AQA, can't remember what courses but yeah, you can only drop 4-5 marks! And 4-5 marks are SPaG. So, if you are bad at SPaG and loose all marks for that then you can only drop 1 content mark!!

thatt is so unfair, im glad my school didnt chose AQA cuz thats kinda ridiculous tbh.. hope you do really well tho, x

ive had a bad dream and a good dream about results day, but the good dream happened after the bad one i know itdoesnt mean anything but i reaally hope it does :colondollar:
So it's currently 10:30PM and I've set up on the floor in my room...I've got snacks, water, my laptop and work to do as I just know tonight I won't be able to sleep....considering I haven't been able to sleep properly for the last three nights..
thatt is so unfair, im glad my school didnt chose AQA cuz thats kinda ridiculous tbh.. hope you do really well tho, x

ive had a bad dream and a good dream about results day, but the good dream happened after the bad one i know itdoesnt mean anything but i reaally hope it does :colondollar:

I have hopefully got a solid B at least! It is ridiculous! You are super lucky! I have had a few bad dreams about not getting the grades I want in English.

I hope I get an A* in both of my English papers, that is all I want in my GCSEs :frown:
I'm stressing soo bad
Original post by Bulletzone
AQA Release Grade Boundaries at 8am
EDEXCEL At Midnight
OCR------>God knows.

Isn't Edexcel tomorrow at 8-10

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lozza_X
So it's currently 10:30PM and I've set up on the floor in my room...I've got snacks, water, my laptop and work to do as I just know tonight I won't be able to sleep....considering I haven't been able to sleep properly for the last three nights..

Sorry to hear that, it's a horrible feel. Hope you get better after results and hope they're good for you. I've had problems sleeping. I wake up at like 2 and then stay awake for hours until I see sunlight and sleep for another 2 hours then give up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Weirdly enough, I feel like the closer results day gets the less it feels real?
I've been worrying for the past few weeks but my nerves have seemed to ease more in the last few days. I'm sure they'll be back when I read the grade boundaries tomorrow though:s-smilie:

Anyway, I just wanted to say good luck to everyone and I really hope you get the grades you need and want! :biggrin:
I have hopefully got a solid B at least! It is ridiculous! You are super lucky! I have had a few bad dreams about not getting the grades I want in English.

I hope I get an A* in both of my English papers, that is all I want in my GCSEs :frown:

yhh i hope you doo, sometimes dreams like that happen when ur worrying about something too much..but yh at first i wanted 9A*s but now im fine if i get the grade in subjects i care about atleast ..

Latest