The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AspiringBanker
Is it ok to start an application and finish it later (in a few weeks time) or should it be done ASAP? Also does anyone happen to have a list of banks, tests used and their test providers?

It's fine, and look through the summer internship thread. I posted them up, cba to repost

Posted from TSR Mobile
Should I apply to banks that had rejected me previously (e.g. pre-u apps) from the same account? Will it make a difference?
Original post by AspiringBanker
Should I apply to banks that had rejected me previously (e.g. pre-u apps) from the same account? Will it make a difference?

obvs and no it won't

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 443
Btw, is the verbal tests the ******** ones where you get asked to pick something that "doesn't fit in" and then it's some ******** animal no foreigner has ever heard of? Or is it more humanised tests where you actually have to use your brain and read a piece of text and answer some questions.
Original post by RWiz
Btw, is the verbal tests the ******** ones where you get asked to pick something that "doesn't fit in" and then it's some ******** animal no foreigner never heard of? Or is it more humanised tests where you actually have to use your brain and read a piece of text and answer some questions.

Mix of both, try some out for yourself on like graduates first, assessment day etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RWiz
Btw, is the verbal tests the ******** ones where you get asked to pick something that "doesn't fit in" and then it's some ******** animal no foreigner has ever heard of? Or is it more humanised tests where you actually have to use your brain and read a piece of text and answer some questions.

The Credit Suisse one makes you read a passage then decide if a statement is true or false according the information you have.
Tests are done before any kind of interview right? Like, right after you send your application you must do the tests?
Original post by Adrono
Tests are done before any kind of interview right? Like, right after you send your application you must do the tests?

yh

Posted from TSR Mobile

And if you do good you get invited for an interview. Alright.
Original post by Adrono
And if you do good you get invited for an interview. Alright.

Depends, some firms screen CVs before tests are sent out others screen after. You may well do a test, pass but still not get invited to an interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Depends, some firms screen CVs before tests are sent out others screen after. You may well do a test, pass but still not get invited to an interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I see.
Reply 451
you can apply for both SW and Summer right?
Original post by Yua
you can apply for both SW and Summer right?

As a first year (or second of four year)? No, not the regular summer analyst positions.

But, you can of course apply to the few (2 basically) summer positions available to people at that stage.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 453
As a first year (or second of four year)? No, not the regular summer analyst positions.

But, you can of course apply to the few (2 basically) summer positions available to people at that stage.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So the people applying for summer analyst positions are not 1st year students? So when do you do SA?
Original post by Yua
So the people applying for summer analyst positions are not 1st year students? So when do you do SA?

There is a how to get a job in high finance sticky, pls read it dude

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 455
There is a how to get a job in high finance sticky, pls read it dude

Posted from TSR Mobile

It says
Summer internship or travelling/volunteering in year one or work for a startup

More prestigious summer internship year two

Which is why I'm confused
Original post by Yua
It says
Summer internship or travelling/volunteering in year one or work for a startup

More prestigious summer internship year two

Which is why I'm confused

More prestigious = SA. Anything you get in first year will be through cold calling or one of the first year summer schemes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 457
Does anyone remember when CS started interviews last year?
Original post by RWiz
Does anyone remember when CS started interviews last year?

They have the 1st wave of interviews for people that got fast tracked via the insight day late sept/early oct I hear.
Has anyone heard back from morgan stanley yet for summer 2017 or jp morgan chase for spring week?

Latest

Trending

Trending