The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Theragingninja
Mines at 11, let me know how u do man and good luck!

Thanks good luck to you too!
Original post by MedicineMaybe
ha same here I'm getting 5-600 in mocks

which mocks are you using? The ones on the official site?
Original post by arveen.x
which mocks are you using? The ones on the official site?

Im doing the modify ones, just on my second one now going to complete it tomorrow. But for my first I got 630, 500, 500 and Band 3 but I was getting band 2 in all my practices. My test is on Friday too so really not sure what I will get .
Original post by MedicineMaybe
Im doing the modify ones, just on my second one now going to complete it tomorrow. But for my first I got 630, 500, 500 and Band 3 but I was getting band 2 in all my practices. My test is on Friday too so really not sure what I will get .

I'd recommend leaving atleast one of them till thursday because the official ukcat ones don't give you scores and you can do them multiple times whereas the medify ones you can't!
Good luck for yours on friday!
Mines tomorrow :{}
Guys I'm applying for the foundation medicine course and interested Keele, UEA, Manchester, Liverpool do you know if they still look at the UKCAT same as for those applying for the normal 5 year course ?

P.S Anyone booked their open days yet ??
Original post by arveen.x
I'd recommend leaving atleast one of them till thursday because the official ukcat ones don't give you scores and you can do them multiple times whereas the medify ones you can't!
Good luck for yours on friday!
Mines tomorrow :{}

Yes will do that . Good luck with yours too and let me know how you get on :smile:
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but do the official ukcat ones tell you how many you got right/wrong? And they just won't tell you a ukcat score?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did my UKCAT last week...
Average of 710 and Sit Judge Band 3 :s-smilie:
Where does my average stand and will the band 3 hinder my application? Hoping to study medicine! Which Unis should I apply to and any to avoid?
GCSEs 10 A*s 3 A's
AS Level AAAA
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by prahalad
Did my UKCAT last week...
Average of 710 and Sit Judge Band 3 :s-smilie:
Where does my average stand and will the band 3 hinder my application? Hoping to study medicine! Which Unis should I apply to and any to avoid?
GCSEs 10 A*s 3 A's
AS Level AAAA

Your average is very good! Congratulations!

You should be able to apply to pretty much any university that uses the UKCAT, as long as averages are similar to usual, just avoid the universities that really care about SJT Band, such as Edinburgh.
Original post by michaela__
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but do the official ukcat ones tell you how many you got right/wrong? And they just won't tell you a ukcat score?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They tell you what is right and wrong but you don't receive an actual score. That's for you to calculate on your own!
Original post by MoshBosh
Anyone else got their test tomorrow?

Me :s-smilie: at half 11.... so worried
Gd Luck! :smile:
Original post by Gogregg
Your average is very good! Congratulations!

You should be able to apply to pretty much any university that uses the UKCAT, as long as averages are similar to usual, just avoid the universities that really care about SJT Band, such as Edinburgh.

Thank You very much for the reassurance it means a lot! I'm hoping that Newcastle cut off will be lower than my average as I really like the uni and am considering applying there.
Original post by prahalad
Thank You very much for the reassurance it means a lot! I'm hoping that Newcastle cut off will be lower than my average as I really like the uni and am considering applying there.

Your average has been higher than the cut off every year (except for the year when DM had heavily inflated scores, but that's hopefully irrelevant), so you should be fine for Newcastle :smile:

If you're really worried, wait until the final statistics for the UKCAT come out in early October to make final decisions :smile:
So glad i got my ukcat done today, just dunno where to go from here!😂
Just did my ukcat:
VR: 590
QR: 670
AR: 600
STJ: Band 1

total: 1860
avg: 620

Hoping to study medicine... Which Unis should I apply to and any to avoid? Any recommendations/advice will be much appreciated! :smile:
GCSEs 8 A*s 4 A's
AS Level: Maths: A ----> will be predicted A
Bio: A ----> will be predicted A
Chem: B -----> hopefully will be predicted A
Physics: B ----> (dropping this and taking an EPQ instead)
(edited 7 years ago)
People who have already done the test please tell me the formula that you think will be helpful to remember , thanks!p.s if you can include what kind of topics ie. percentages or averages that you found came up most so I know what to focus on. My exam is tomorrow!
Original post by Gogregg
Your average has been higher than the cut off every year (except for the year when DM had heavily inflated scores, but that's hopefully irrelevant), so you should be fine for Newcastle :smile:

If you're really worried, wait until the final statistics for the UKCAT come out in early October to make final decisions :smile:

Thank you so much pal. Really appreciate it. Best of you luck to you in your endeavours 👍🏾😃
Original post by studentsixth
They tell you what is right and wrong but you don't receive an actual score. That's for you to calculate on your own!

Thank you ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pra99
also does anyone know last years cut off scores for Leicester, Nottingham and Newcastle. I can't find them anywhere!

Newcastle cut offs

A100
2011 2670
2012 2660
2013 2780
2014 2980
2015 - 2300
2016 2730

A101
2011 2810
2012 2810
2013 2900
2014 3070
2015 - 2910
2016 - 2880

Posted from TSR Mobile
What universities are not UKCAT heavy? (not bmat), Also what universities accept people with band 4

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending