The Student Room Group

170 for an a* r u having a laugh - maths edexcel

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RDKGames
>inb4 you get 179/200

Don't worry, you'll be fine. :smile:
I acc think I got 179/200 How did you know? :tongue:
Its shown up in the site for me guys. Its confirmed. Go to the search for boundaries section
That's understandable. I barely achieved an A at GCSE maths in 2014 and now I'm going off to do Maths at one of the top 10 unis in the country at the end of September. So really, if you're worrying about missing out on an A*, there are worse things that can happen. Try to relax and then decide how much you've hated this exam come results day. :smile:

What league tables are you looking at? From what I've seen Loughborough is around the 20s I think. Congrats though :smile:
Original post by Nightly
Really? Over an hour later and you're telling me that Edexcel still haven't posted it on their main grade boundaries page?

>http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Grade-boundaries/GCSE/1606-GCSE-Grade-Boundaries-Template-Final.pdf

>1606-GCSE-Grade-Boundaries-Template-Final.pdf

>Template-Final

A template really? It doesn't compare to any of the previous grade boundary links.

If it was 140/200 for an A* you wouldn't be questioning it one bit and probably be jumping for joy, just because it isn't as you'd hoped doesn't mean it's fake.
Original post by HARAMBEEE
Its shown up in the site for me guys. Its confirmed. Go to the search for boundaries section

AND IT JUST DISAPPEARED WTF?? I actually clicked the link as well wtaf
Original post by boredaf123
What league tables are you looking at? From what I've seen Loughborough is around the 20s I think. Congrats though :smile:

http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings

It depends what league tables you look at yes, but Lboro is usually within the top 15 I believe.

It's 20 here for maths, but 7 overall.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 106
Original post by Blobar
If it was 140/200 for an A* you wouldn't be questioning it one bit and probably be jumping for joy, just because it isn't as you'd hoped doesn't mean it's fake.

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1471998749.630948.jpg
I must be blind too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Double post, sorry
http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings

It depends what league tables you look at yes, but Lboro is usually within the top 15 I believe.

Oh I see. I was doing it by subject.
There you go
Screenshot_2016-08-24-01-33-15.png
Original post by boredaf123
Oh I see. I was doing it by subject.

It's a personal preference when it comes to league table rankings and such. Of course, I could've applied to something like Glasgow for maths but they are like 30th overall, and for me it's important that my uni is good at every aspect as opposed to a single one. Of course there are extremes like Cambridge and Oxford but that's a different story I never bothered with.
Original post by nadiakms
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1471998749.630948.jpg
I must be blind too

Posted from TSR Mobile

No just looking in the wrong place dear.

Look at Harambee's post.
Reply 112
Sadly it's real. I just compared their SSL certificates, and their both the exact same.
Reply 113
Its fake, OCR confirmed on twitter it'll be released at 8 am
Reply 114
Original post by Vyres
Sadly it's real. I just compared their SSL certificates, and their both the exact same.

yay.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 115
Everyone saying the template is different, therefore fake. Edexcel changed their GB Layout this year. Look at a-level 2015 compared to 2016.
Reply 116
Original post by JT423
Everyone saying the template is different, therefore fake. Edexcel changed their GB Layout this year. Look at a-level 2015 compared to 2016.

I am so confused.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 117
Original post by Raqped
Its fake, OCR confirmed on twitter it'll be released at 8 am

Nope they're real, check their site.

http://www.ocr.org.uk/ocr-for/exams-officers/stage-4-results/results-statistics/
Original post by nadiakms
I am so confused.

Posted from TSR Mobile

He's saying that Edexcel went through a template style change this year which is evident from the A-Level grade boundaries. Don't worry. These GCSE boundaries are real.

Quick Reply

Latest