The Student Room Group

Lately I keep thinking about him...

I have given lots of relationship advice to people but when it comes to my own I am quite unsure about what to do!

This is a long story btw. So I met this shy guy back in Yr 7. I didn't really get to talk to him back in yr 7 even though we were both in the same group for English (set 2) so fast forward to yr 8. In yr 8 we were in the same group for all subjects except for RE which was in our form group. On 21st March 2012 during registration time his best friends (the were in my form) told me that he likes me and whether I would go out with him. When they told me I was quite shocked in disbelief. We kind of talked in yr 8 and had to work as part of a group. I also got to know him more. Then in yr 9 he kind of started to give up on me and showed no interest and tried to avoid me. We both were very competitive and academic. Especially in geography quizzes he would say an answer first then I would say it and get more points than him (we had a merit system). Yr 10 went so quickly. Then yr 11 came and I was thinking of moving school to get over him and stop seeing him. But it didn't go to plan because even though I was accepted at a grammar school, I didn't get the subjects that I wanted to do. Yr 12? Well I just finished it and now I'm going into yr 13. Yr 12 flew by very quickly. Much quicker than the other yrs I had. But on my birthday he sent me an email to wish me happy birthday and at the end he wrote he wishes 'to be a part of your family'. Does this mean he still likes me after all these years? I feel like I'm starting to like him all over again but I shouldn't really because there's less than a yr until I leave for uni.

Sorry for the long post. :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
I have given lots of relationship advice to people but when it comes to my own I am quite unsure about what to do!

This is a long story btw. So I met this shy guy back in Yr 7. I didn't really get to talk to him back in yr 7 even though we were both in the same group for English (set 2) so fast forward to yr 8. In yr 8 we were in the same group for all subjects except for RE which was in our form group. On 21st March 2012 during registration time his best friends (the were in my form) told me that he likes me and whether I would go out with him. When they told me I was quite shocked in disbelief. We kind of talked in yr 8 and had to work as part of a group. I also got to know him more. Then in yr 9 he kind of started to give up on me and showed no interest and tried to avoid me. We both were very competitive and academic. Especially in geography quizzes he would say an answer first then I would say it and get more points than him (we had a merit system). Yr 10 went so quickly. Then yr 11 came and I was thinking of moving school to get over him and stop seeing him. But it didn't go to plan because even though I was accepted at a grammar school, I didn't get the subjects that I wanted to do. Yr 12? Well I just finished it and now I'm going into yr 13. Yr 12 flew by very quickly. Much quicker than the other yrs I had. But on my birthday he sent me an email to wish me happy birthday and at the end he wrote he wishes 'to be a part of your family'. Does this mean he still likes me after all these years? I feel like I'm starting to like him all over again but I shouldn't really because there's less than a yr until I leave for uni.

Sorry for the long post. :smile:

What exactly are you asking - whether or not you think you should ask him out?
Reply 2
Original post by Ignorant
What exactly are you asking - whether or not you think you should ask him out?

Yeah kind of.
Reply 3
Any advice?
Reply 4
Anyone?
If you like him, talk to him. At the end of the day, you'll only regret things you didn't do.
Anyone?

Reminds me of something Alex and Sanjay would be doing :lol: some parts of anyway. Modern Family is one of the most relatable TV shows ever at times.

If you're interested, make it known however you see fit. Spend time with him or whatever. Okay, you're going off to uni in a year but doesn't mean that nothing should happen.
Reply 7
Original post by AnnaRainbows
If you like him, talk to him. At the end of the day, you'll only regret things you didn't do.

I just don't know how. I just don't want to be rejected that's all.
If you want to ask him out then ask him out.
If not then don't.
It's very simple really! *
Reply 9
Original post by sinfonietta
If you want to ask him out then ask him out.
If not then don't.
It's very simple really! *

How can I approach him?
I just don't know how. I just don't want to be rejected that's all.

Well, I'm sorry, but then you've got no choice. There's no way to know if you'll get rejected or not; but it would give you some closure if he said no. And I'm sure you'd be very happy if he felt the same way about you. You won't find out which of these two scenarios could be reality if you don't ask.

How? Assuming you both speak the same language it shouldn't be hard :smile:

You have to decide if it's worth that risk or not. If he's worth your efforts or not.
How can I approach him?

Be direct.*

If you see him frequently in real life, find a moment where you're alone and ask him to go somewhere with you.

If you don't see him frequently, message him over text/Facebook and ask the same!
I think you should ask him out and try to see whether there is a spark or its just curiosity. As don't want look back regret not acting when there was something.
I'll give it a try! Anyways thanks for the advice y'all 😀
Just ask him if he fancies a drink or coffee some time. Obviously get in to a conversation first and when it's all warmed up just ask, especially important if he's shy.

Trust me, when you go to university people go their own ways for a bit and you'll be kicking yourself you never found out the answer. You'll regret it. We can all speculate whether he likes you or not, but if you want to know for sure just ask if he wants to hang out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending