The Student Room Group

Do I need an A* in Maths at GCSE to do Economics at LSE?

My dream is to do an Economics degree at LSE. Do I need to get an A* in my Maths GCSE to do this! High grade boundaries this year make me think I got an A! I am really worrying so could someone help me out?!
Reply 1
No an A is good enough given you get an A*/A in A-Level, I want to do something similar

But are you speaking about maths with economics or just economics, I don't remember there being an economics by itself but there probably is, and with what everyone is saying about LSE it's putting me off and making me lean towards UCL but they are both great unis regardless

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks for responding! That's good! Well I want to do Economics with Mathematics economics! That's the name of the degree at least...
Reply 3
Original post by dp00
Thanks for responding! That's good! Well I want to do Economics with Mathematics economics! That's the name of the degree at least...

no problem
Oh yh then I would recommend you take further maths too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AdeptDz
no problem
Oh yh then I would recommend you take further maths too

Posted from TSR Mobile
should I take AS further maths or do the whole A level?
Reply 5
Original post by dp00
should I take AS further maths or do the whole A level?

If you think you can get an A in it when you start and after first year, I recommend you do the whole a-level

It's just extra maths and a whole A-Lebel so if you are good at maths and enjoy it then I recommend it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Also the top unis will require A* maths but with further maths
It's A maths A further maths
So yh, and it's respected and will help you in uni

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending