The Student Room Group

GCSE Results Day

When I took my exams back in May/June I felt pretty good after each exam. I spoke to a couple of teachers about some of the questions and it turns out I managed to mess a few of them up. Like one of the 6 mark questions in Biology.

Now that results day is getting nearer (tomorrow) I'm getting even more scared. I have so much pressure on me from family and teachers to do well. Thinking about the exams, I reckon the grade boundaries will be high and that I wont get the grades that I would like or need.

Please help me to stop worrying?

Thank you
Original post by M00ND4NC3R
When I took my exams back in May/June I felt pretty good after each exam. I spoke to a couple of teachers about some of the questions and it turns out I managed to mess a few of them up. Like one of the 6 mark questions in Biology.

Now that results day is getting nearer (tomorrow) I'm getting even more scared. I have so much pressure on me from family and teachers to do well. Thinking about the exams, I reckon the grade boundaries will be high and that I wont get the grades that I would like or need.

Thank you

There is quite literally no point in worrying because you can't do anything to change the outcome.
Even if your results aren't what you expect, the important thing is being able to get onto the A levels you want to do. No one will care what GCSE grades you got as soon as you start doing A levels.
Try to think of GCSE results as a stepping stone to get to where you want to be, rather than and end in themselves.
Reply 2
Original post by M00ND4NC3R

Thank you

I personally believe that we all dwell on the bad parts of an exam and therefore forget about all the marks we actually picked up! Forget about pressures from school/family, if you tried your best they cannot be annoyed and I'm sure your results will be great.

(In my physics GCSE I forgot the units for all the maths questions meaning the calculations were completely wrong and still got an A*! Focus on the positives not the negatives and you'll be fine)

Quick Reply

Latest